Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:13 AM

Re: Stocks and Shares?

We shall see .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
We shall see .
Well, you will see. Obviously gamblers never tell the true story of their losses on public forums so we aren't going to find out the truth here. It's just something you'll have to come to terms with.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well, you will see. Obviously gamblers never tell the true story of their losses on public forums so we aren't going to find out the truth here. It's just something you'll have to come to terms with.
I'm not a gambler. I have no need to become one. I am a person interested in making money from stocks and shares. It is fun to me. I have become bored with my website running lark and this new venture is exactly what I need to help keep my brain ticking over.

As for huge losses I can't see me using beyond a £1000 with this form of trading. I can afford to lose that without too much worry.

Even you have to admit people DO make money from stock and shares.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:27 AM

As for huge losses I can't see me using beyond a £1000 with this form of trading. I can afford to lose that without too much worry.
There is NO LIMIT to the amount of losses when you use spread betting. That is a fundamental principle.

You can deposit £1000 in your account but become liable to pay £100,000. If you don't understand that basic premise then you don't understand spread betting and should stay very clear of it.

Even you have to admit people DO make money from stock and shares.
The people who make money are the owners of the systems, the directors of companies, the funding agents (who get discounted shares), the media pundits who are paid to ramp stocks and so on.

The people who lose money on stocks and shares are the hapless mugpunters who are not cynical enough and who live in the Matrix.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

30-06-2017, 10:36 AM

There is NO LIMIT to the amount of losses when you use spread betting. That is a fundamental principle.

You can deposit £1000 in your account but become liable to pay £100,000. If you don't understand that basic premise then you don't understand spread betting and should stay very clear of it.

The people who make money are the owners of the systems, the directors of companies, the funding agents (who get discounted shares), the media pundits who are paid to ramp stocks and so on.

The people who lose money on stocks and shares are the hapless mugpunters who are not cynical enough and who live in the Matrix.
For goodness sake. You start off well but then your paranoia takes over.

I ain't stupid you know. I will continue to investigate and read all about the worse possible scenarios.

Stock and shares trading is big business and there are millions making money from doing so. Hopefully I will join their ranks, but if I listened to the likes of you I would be too scared to switch my bloody computer on never mind trade.

Go for a run or something and calm down.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

30-06-2017, 10:49 AM

The fact that you didn't understand leveraging (unlimited losses) is very worrying. Best of luck.

Out of the thread now
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

30-06-2017, 10:50 AM

The fact that you didn't understand leveraging (unlimited losses) is very worrying. Best of luck.

Out of the thread now
But I do
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:42 AM

I do not do `spread betting` as such but around 90% of my finance is spread around. Some cash but mostly in the market-some high risk,some low risk.

Some accumulation,some income. It takes time.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I do not do `spread betting` as such but around 90% of my finance is spread around. Some cash but mostly in the market-some high risk,some low risk.

Some accumulation,some income. It takes time.
I have a Financial Advisor looking after most of my dosh and she knows I don't want to take any risks.

About half of mine is 'spread' around too and she said to just leave it there long term and forget about it. OK so far but I do sometimes feel concerned, especially having read all Realist's posts.

As long as it keeps up with inflation and makes me some kind of profit, then that's fine.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 12:03 PM

We need a little adventure in our lives....a little excitement.

If MK gets it from stocks and shares and understands the risks(which he seems to)then all I can say is "I wish you luck".

I for one hope he kills it and makes an absolute fortune.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top