Join for free
Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Re: For Uncle Joe's friends

Hi Folks, like Arnie says - "I'm Back" !!!!

Xmas day food in hospital was ok - Roast turkey and all the trimmings and Xmas Pudding and Brandy Sauce. Other meals in hospital were not that bad either, have had Steak & Kidney pie, Shepherds pie, Steak casserole, Chicken curry. We're fed two hot meals a day - lunch AND supper and we get cake or biscuits and cups of coffee mid morning and again mid afternoon.

In addition, my Sister and B-I-L visited on Xmas Day and brought me mince pies and biscuits and another couple of friends did likewise on Boxing Day, so have had plenty to eat and drink throughout my stay. Hospital have given me a bottle or oromorph (liquid morphine) so if I feel pain, a couple of sips of that and I'll be away with the fairies.

Surgeon has forbidden me to move from here for at least six weeks so will be seeing out whole of January and half of February trapped here in my pad - by the end of that will be suffering from cabin sickness rather badly I think, but I have you guys to chat to.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Wow Uncle Joe that was a very short stay in hospirtal. I am pleased you are back home again and I hope they gave you lots of instructions on what to do and what not to do. It sounds as if all went well with the surgery and now you can relax and recuperate. Best wishes. (PS don't eat too much).
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Good to see you back Geoff, and glad to hear the rations were up to spec. for your internment.

Take care of yourself, and I hope that the Red Cross food parcels keep arriving for you during your enforced recuperation...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 07:17 PM

Welcome back!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Hello uncle Joe delighted to see you back and clearly on good form.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 08:28 PM

Welcome back Uncle Joe. This place hasnt been the same without you
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Good to see you back UJ - you've been missed
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Good news Uncle Joe, welcome home!

Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 11:47 PM

Welcome back, glad to see you werent starved while you were away.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2011, 06:57 AM

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes. Yesterday I felt good, but my own bed is not like a hospital bed which can be adjusted to suit, nor does my own bed possess an air mattress which very gently massages. Last night at home in my own bed was both uncomfortable and painful and I will need to dose myself with both Paracetamol and Oromorph to keep the pain of my hip at bay. With this combination of analgesics I don't think I will be on here too much for a while as I'll be in drug induced stupor for a while, so if I happen to miss some the posts, please forgive me.

Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top