Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 01:37 PM

Re: Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What about scribblers.
Do you mean words or drawings Spitty

There will be a 'Photos and Art' section for art/sketches etc and for 'general-musings' there will be a tag and they can go in General Chat

Or did you mean something else?

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
So does that mean we won't be able to post a photo to any thread outside of the 'Your Photos & Art' section?
As PK says below...

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm fairly sure this just applies to Profile Albums, Sheba....like you name a thread and just put your photo's in there. The new forum has masses of space now, so I think we can still post photos & videos as part of a conversation.
Photos can be uploaded to any thread (so long as you are at Trust Level 1 - 'new' members are at Trust Level 0 and can't do things like use the PM system or upload images )

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Now I'm confused as well, Azz. I should have read your post more thoroughly.
So, we won't have an album themed place on our profiles like now, but we will be able to post a thread & add pics to those as we want? Is that right?
I am glad we can post a photo more than once though, because often one pic can be used in another thread it's related to.
That's right Tiffany

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There will be a 'Photograph' section and members can start a thread (or multiple threads) of their own and add to it as they wish so 'Bathsheba's photos' thread will contain all your photographs and instead of them being in an album in profile they will be in a section of the site
Yup... and everyone can post more than one thread, so have dedicated threads for specific items

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Which will presumably mean that others will be able to add to that thread too. So it won't be a private security box.
Technically they can (as they're just threads) but generally if you post a thread that says "Photos of my dogs" people usually don't add their dogs to the same thread, but post their own.

And....

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
As Meg said, we wait & see.
Originally Posted by Meg ->
Dex I think we should just wait and see and it will all become clear.

On previous 'editions' of sites we didn't have the things we have here now, photographs could only be accessed by linking to a 'host' site like Photobucket, then came the Albums and Attachments feature and we could link directly to photographs on our PCs making things much easier .

Each update offers new and easier features and we soon get used to them and forget the old ones.
What Meg said^^

There's give and take on each update that we've had - some things we lose but a lot of things we gain. I hope you'll all agree that the thing we gain far outweigh anything we might lost
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 02:09 PM

Thanks Azz. Am sure we'll soon get our heads round any minor foibles.

Don't suppose you've got a rough lead time now? My nails are bitten down to the quick.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 02:44 PM

I'm more interested in when this forum will close.

Will it just be lights out when the new one goes live?
An instant switchover?

Or can some of us old timers enjoy a nostalgic sentimental sojourn on here for a little bit before the end of days ?

I have rather fond memories of here.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 02:59 PM

Morty, why not take a few screenshots of some of your favourite moments and put them in your own photo thread on the new place.

Do you remember that time when I posted how lovely you were? That'd be a nice post to snip out.

Rare, too!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 03:47 PM

Thanks Azz. Am sure we'll soon get our heads round any minor foibles.

Don't suppose you've got a rough lead time now? My nails are bitten down to the quick.
I am hoping this weekend

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm more interested in when this forum will close.
It will close when the new forum opens... but will still be accessible (so won't be going anywhere just yet). All our posts are on the new forum (just in archived sections) and I have moved a good few to the new open forum sections to get us started

When people post in older threads that are in the archives we'll move them onto the new open forum after adding tags and ascertaining which section they need to go in
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 03:48 PM

Are you doing this on your own, Azz, or do you have help?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 03:58 PM

Don't suppose you've got a rough lead time now?
Originally Posted by Azz ->
I am hoping this weekend
Excellent .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 04:10 PM

Yep, think I'll just wait and see too...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 04:14 PM

Yo'm dooin' a bostin' job there R Azz (as an ex-forum admin I know how hard you are working ATM). Thanks for everything.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Do you mean words or drawings Spitty

There will be a 'Photos and Art' section for art/sketches etc and for 'general-musings' there will be a tag and they can go in General Chat

Or did you mean something else?

As PK says below...

Photos can be uploaded to any thread (so long as you are at Trust Level 1 - 'new' members are at Trust Level 0 and can't do things like use the PM system or upload images )

That's right Tiffany

Yup... and everyone can post more than one thread, so have dedicated threads for specific items

Technically they can (as they're just threads) but generally if you post a thread that says "Photos of my dogs" people usually don't add their dogs to the same thread, but post their own.

And....

What Meg said^^

There's give and take on each update that we've had - some things we lose but a lot of things we gain. I hope you'll all agree that the thing we gain far outweigh anything we might lost
What I highlighted, Azz, thanks.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yep, think I'll just wait and see too...
I'll third or is it fourth that.

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top