Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 09:03 PM

What flooring

Do you have in your home ,carpet,wood,vinyl,?

Sorry. I should say I'm thinking of putting something other than carpet down , but don't know the benefits so can you recommend wood flooring over carpet , or a vinyl tiles in the hallway ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 09:04 PM

Re: What flooring

Yes, yes and yes.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 11:38 PM

Carpets in most of the house, I don't like all the bare floors people have these days, they are so cold in the winter.

Stone like tiles in the kitchen which stay cool in the summer and are lovely to walk on with bare feet when it is hot .
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 11:43 PM

Carpeting without a doubt but having said that..since we had a dog given to us, laminate flooring in the entrance hall and the dining room which has a patio door in from the garden was a more sensible option. Muddy paws and carpets just aren't a viable proposition.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2013, 12:14 AM

I have a dog and was thinking laminate flooring in the hall,where it's going to get a lot of wear .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2013, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I have a dog and was thinking laminate flooring in the hall,where it's going to get a lot of wear .
Laminate in the hall is a good idea ... easy to keep clean
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2013, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Do you have in your home ,carpet,wood,vinyl,?

Sorry. I should say I'm thinking of putting something other than carpet down , but don't know the benefits so can you recommend wood flooring over carpet , or a vinyl tiles in the hallway ?
I have pulled up almost all the carpet in my house, sanded the boards and varnished them. Getting rid of the carpets has reduced the dust tremendously. the original boards are cool in summer, warm in winter, no need to vacuum just run over with a broom every couple of days.

Still have some carpet but only in a couple of rooms.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2013, 11:31 AM

I have mostly carpets. My bathroom has wooden flooring and the kitchen has tiles. My other rooms all have carpet. I have a North facing lounge and believe me it gets ever so cold even with a carpet double thick. I don't mind getting the vac out as it gives me something to do. My neighbour has wooden floors downstairs but still puts a rug on it so I cant see the point. I don't have a hallway neither do I have dogs so my way is good for me but maybe not for others.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Carpet in the living room and hallway, vinyl tiles in the kitchen and bathroom and at the end of the hallway where we all come in so it's easy clean. Spare room has lino with a rug and bedroom has vinyl tiles with a huge rug. Plan was to have vinyl throughout but Mollie dog kept slipping so carpet and rugs were put on top to save her hurting her hips.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2013, 02:14 PM

carpet in bedrooms and living room....i feel laminate's too cold in these rooms...but i have laminate in kitchen and hall...also tiled laminate in bathroom...easier to keep clean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top