Join for free
Page 1659 of 1676 « First < 659 1159 1559 1609 1649 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1669 > Last »
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 08:38 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

here's another historic in the mining town [gold that is] of Kalgoolie - took 12 hrs to drive there or 2 to fly o depending what the job was - work then flying pleasure then driving - two up was played regular and the ladies of the night were always available? and the occasional fight could easily break out there big beefy miners with a belly of beer in 'em and both headin for the same girl!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 08:50 AM

That brings back memories of the hot humid nights on the back patio, and a friendly Mallard that waddled across the lawn to perchance a tossed crust torn, from a cucumber sandwich.
The heat was astounding, and the animal was to wary to benefit from the shade afforded by the gazebo so, I took the pitcher of cool water from the rattan table, slowly approached the creature and gently doused it, it was totally unperturbed by the action of a caring human being, I think it was Water of a Ducks back.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 09:20 AM

I've been a fan of filums starring our man from East Clintwood since I was a teenager.

I was fifteen when I saw the first of the spaghetti westerns, A Fistful of Dollars. Then along came the other two plus the fantastic Where Eagles Dare with Richard Burton. Now he could do a good English accent.
Kelly's Heroes; that was another cracking flim. Donald Sutherland as a hippy tank commander.
Talk about inventing a catch phrase. "Hey, less of those negative waves."

Back in 2004 I worked with an amateur thespian in the USA. (I think it had been legalised in Ohio by then). He was to perform an Englishman in a play and wanted tips on how to speak proper English, y'all.
Well it was no good us teaching him a-cause most of us came from the West Country, ooh-arr. In some cases I had to act as company translator.
Hillbilly to American to English to Wurzel and back again. Anyway, I told this chappy to listen to the great Welshman, Mr Burton and try to copy him.
"Broadsword calling Danny Boi, Broadsword calling Danny Boi."

My claim to fame as far as Dianna Dors is concerned is that I was born in the same town as her. Ay, she were a West Country lass, a Moonraker like me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:29 PM

Yes Burton was a terrific speaker, I could listen to him all day.
So a Moonraker is from Wiltshire Fruity, never knew that, but then we were never taught any British geography in school, as far as geography goes we were lucky if we left school knowing where the local shops were.
Have Moonrakers got a sort of Robert Newton accent, as he used in “Treasure Island’?

Nothing much in the way of protesting here in Dublin Bret, I believe there was a few hundred who marched through town yesterday, that was it. I’m not interested in the old Arab and Jew business, it’ll never end.

All the hospital data here has been highjacked by a ransom demanding gang of Eastern European villains we are told, the whole system is disrupted and they don’t expect it to be fixed for days, the government say they will not pay ransom and fair play to them, in the meantime it’s back to the old paperwork again, I hope nobody suffers because of it.

I know I’m thick when it comes to medical matters, but what’s so secret about one’s medical records any way?, we all get sick at some stages of life, I can’t see what all the fuss is about, what ordinary person would pay to have their medical records returned?

Trump guarded his medical records fiercely, (as well as his tax records) as do most politicians and celebrities, I don’t understand that, if you’re sick you need all the help you can get and who cares who knows, your only aim is to get better is it not?

Who gives a monkey’s if you had a hernia operation back in 1990, broke a leg falling out of an apple tree as a child, or the bishop who had a certain social disease that he swore on the bible he contacted from a lavatory seat, we all heard ‘the one about the bishop and the …’

Nobody is truly interested and most people only listen to other peoples complaints out of politeness, let them keep my records if they like, it doesn’t bother me who knows what I had in the past.

The vicar was fond of net dolls
Send them pictures of himself in his smalls
When his data was stolen, he was out bowling
Playing with his old wooden balls.

Yipee! Rev, keep ‘em rolling old boy, love your new frock.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:59 PM

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Mental stuff may effect my employability if I was unfortunate to need employment.
bret
bret is male 

17-05-2021, 01:44 AM

All the hospital data here has been highjacked by a ransom demanding gang of Eastern European villains we are told, the whole system is disrupted and they don’t expect it to be fixed for days, the government say they will not pay ransom and fair play to them, in the meantime it’s back to the old paperwork again, I hope nobody suffers because of it.
in a way you are right what does it matter who knows about our illnesses - but illnesses including mental sorts are still considered very private by most of us. These villians come from poorer climes and so they are playing on our sensibilities to make a quick buck if they can - i also agree with who ever said - don't give in to a blackmailer - the material they have stolen then becomes absolutely useless and I doubt very much that they will start trollin through all those records if they can read them at all and attempting to contact individual old ladies to try to score a buck?

My bank once announced to me that there was some suspicious activity on my account - well there always is it is suspiciously low most of the time! - but they asked me had I been paying gas bills and electricity and water bills in Bradford - well I could have been I do still have some assets over in the old country - but the answer was no I hadn't. they had stolen my credit card details all the way from europe to little old australia and started using it probably attached to a fake card. result my card got cancelled by the bank and I had to wait 2 wks for a new one - damned inconvenient and the bank re-imbursed the amounts to me. The advise was be careful which companies you are dealing with on the net to purchase goods - well that's good advice heh - we are all doing it to some extent - take spitty buying and building a rocket launcher no doubt to reach the ME!! - enter spitty on stage far left??

and as confucius says " man who hangs washed cards on line may wash away his gains"?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-05-2021, 05:54 AM

Just bought a 1950s Vitra Eames lounge chair for £500.00, I think I will have to Sit on it for a few years before realising a profit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-05-2021, 06:02 AM

Yer know scribblers, I love my canine friend but I never invited it here, I was outvoted by the family members, and, as it is par for the course, I am solely responsible for exercising the animal. Sometimes I just want to be alone in the great outdoors, but, if I am spotted by a family member, sneaking out for a solitary walk, I hear a voice saying "May your Dog go with You".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-05-2021, 06:06 AM

The old rocker wore his hair too long
Wore his trouser cuffs too tight
Unfashionable to the end
Drank his ale too light
Death's head belt buckle, yesterday's dreams
The transport caf', prophet of doom
Ringing no change in his double-sewn seams
In his post-war-babe gloom
Now he's too old to rock and roll
But he's too young to die
Yes he's too old to rock and roll
He once owned a Harley Davidson
And a Triumph Bonneville
Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
Prays that he always will
But he's the last of the blue blood's greaser boys
And all his mates are doing time
Married with three kids up by the ring road
Sold their souls straight down the line
And some of them own little sports cars
And meet at the tennis club do's
For drinks on a Sunday, work on Monday
They've thrown away their blue suede shoes
Now they're too old to rock and roll
And they're too young to die
Yes they're too old to rock and roll
So the old rocker gets out his bike
To make a ton before he takes his leave
Up on the A1 by Scotch Corner
Just like it used to be
And as he flies, tears in his eyes
His wind-whipped words echo the final take
And he hits the trunk road doing around a hundred and twenty
With no room left to brake
And he was too old to rock and roll
And he was too young to die
No he was too old to rock and roll
No, you're never too old to rock and roll
If you're too young to die
And no you're never too old to rock and roll
But he was too young to die
bret
bret is male 

17-05-2021, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The old rocker wore his hair too long
Wore his trouser cuffs too tight
Unfashionable to the end
Drank his ale too light
Death's head belt buckle, yesterday's dreams
The transport caf', prophet of doom
Ringing no change in his double-sewn seams
In his post-war-babe gloom
Now he's too old to rock and roll
Yes he's too old to rock and roll
He once owned a Harley Davidson
And a Triumph Bonneville
Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
Prays that he always will
But he's the last of the blue blood's greaser boys
And all his mates are doing time
Married with three kids up by the ring road
Sold their souls straight down the line
And some of them own little sports cars
And meet at the tennis club do's
For drinks on a Sunday, work on Monday
They've thrown away their blue suede shoes
Now they're too old to rock and roll
Yes they're too old to rock and roll
So the old rocker gets out his bike
To make a ton before he takes his leave
Up on the A1 by Scotch Corner
Just like it used to be
And as he flies, tears in his eyes
His wind-whipped words echo the final take
And he hits the trunk road doing around a hundred and twenty
With no room left to brake
And he was too old to rock and roll
No he was too old to rock and roll
No, you're never too old to rock and roll
If you're too young to die
And no you're never too old to rock and roll
But he was too young to die
©

now spitty if this is your own work then you need to add copyright or I will simple use it to my own advantage and make some money - lots of money - there's a business over here for this sort of stuff!!

Page 1659 of 1676 « First < 659 1159 1559 1609 1649 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1669 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top