Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 09:33 PM

Favourite Book as a Kid?

What was one of your favourite books when you were a kid?

One I remember enjoying was - Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild.

Rainbow x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 10:15 PM

Re: Favourite Book as a Kid?

Loved all Enid Blyton books-especially the 'Famous Five' ones......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 11:13 PM

Enid Blyton books were my favourites, I really enjoyed the stories. I have bought a few for my granddaughter to read and she enjoys them too.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 11:20 PM

deleted partial post ------ sorry
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Rainbow, it's difficult to narrow down, but if you insist: The Jungle Book, Wind in the Willows. But that's leaving out Kim, Swallows and Åmazons, The Secret Garden, Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Prairie series, Girl of the Limberlost ........ many many more!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 01:34 AM

Two of my favourite books are Shadow the Sheepdog and one called Black Bob (also about a sheepdog) but I don't remember who wrote them.
I also agree with Dandysmom there are so many, but The Jungle Books (1 and 2), Wind in the Willows, the Kipling Just So Stories and Williamson's Tarka the Otter are unforgetable.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 01:41 AM

Brownie Tales by Enid Blyton about Hop, Skip & Jump 3 elf like brownies (not the Girl Guide sort) lol
Read it tens upon tens of times and loved it!!
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 09:32 AM

Hey Aerola! You should check out Amazon. Ther's a real nice Black Bob collection available.

The book I remember as a kid was DH Lawrences "Lady Chatterleys lover". Never actually read it, just unlined the "dirty bits" in a well dog eared copy to impress other kids in the playground. It did wonders to increase my "cool" in the eyes of school mates...until it got confiscated by a teacher and I got yet another beating !
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 11:31 AM

Thanks Mr Mojo, I never thought to look. I seem to remember the Black Bob books were produced in a sort of comic format and so were very easy for kids to read.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 12:23 PM

I love comics, read 'em all the time! Well, except when I'm not of course!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top