Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:27 AM

Re: Talk about anything....

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Lovely to have you back, m'dear!
I know you missed me...💗💗💗
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I know you missed me...💗💗💗
I reckon there were a lot more besides me, Pauline!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:51 AM

I am off down to Newbury town, to see if my man who I think is homeless, is in his usual spot, have a nice chat with him, ..he looked ever so frail last time I saw him, which must have been at least a month ago, as I never saw him ,when I was here a fortnight ago, I just hope he’s ok.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 10:55 AM

I am off down to Newbury town, to see if my man who I think is homeless, is in his usual spot, have a nice chat with him, ..he looked ever so frail last time I saw him, which must have been at least a month ago, as I never saw him ,when I was here a fortnight ago, I just hope he’s ok.
Well if he's not, then I'm sure he'll feel better when he sees you.

Give him my best wishes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:11 AM

I reckon there were a lot more besides me, Pauline!
Indeed there were Coder.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 11:11 AM

Well if he's not, then I'm sure he'll feel better when he sees you.

Give him my best wishes.

I hope so, he always has a smile, and the most beautiful eyes, I did tell him that once, I also thought I’d better tell him I’m not trying to chat him up, but he did, I have never seen eyes like it, he told me, people always commented on his eyes.

Anyway must go, catch you later,UGC.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 01:52 PM

Well, my man was in his usual spot today, I managed to ask him if he was homeless, he stays in a hostel, apparently he can stay there all day, but sits on his corner and reads ,as he doesn’t get much peace in the hostel, that was all I asked him, as I could sense he didn’t like me asking questions, went and bought him a coffee and chicken salad sandwich, I did notice his fingernails were black, left him reading his book, Bless Him.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 02:11 PM

Well, my man was in his usual spot today, I managed to ask him if he was homeless, he stays in a hostel, apparently he can stay there all day, but sits on his corner and reads ,as he doesn’t get much peace in the hostel, that was all I asked him, as I could sense he didn’t like me asking questions, went and bought him a coffee and chicken salad sandwich, I did notice his fingernails were black, left him reading his book, Bless Him.
That's really lovely, Pauline.

I've never stayed in a hostel, but I spent a couple of years in two different houseshares in Stretford and Sale when I was contracting in that region a few years ago. Renting a flat would have made it a bit pointless as far as the earnings were concerned.

Anyway, those houseshares can be pretty bad. One poor old bloke was badly beaten up one evening in the Sale houseshare. All he did was use the bathroom one evening. He woke a guy up, who came running out of his bedroom and just laid into him. The thing is, it was only about 10:30 PM!

Needless to say, I was out of there a month later and into my own flat!

You're a good woman, Pauline. As others have said - just be careful.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 02:18 PM

That's really lovely, Pauline.

I've never stayed in a hostel, but I spent a couple of years in two different houseshares in Stretford and Sale when I was contracting in that region a few years ago. Renting a flat would have made it a bit pointless as far as the earnings were concerned.

Anyway, those houseshares can be pretty bad. One poor old bloke was badly beaten up one evening in the Sale houseshare. All he did was use the bathroom one evening. He woke a guy up, who came running out of his bedroom and just laid into him. The thing is, it was only about 10:30 PM!

Needless to say, I was out of there a month later and into my own flat!

You're a good woman, Pauline. As others have said - just be careful.

House shares can be very difficult, UGC, I had to share a house with a few couples, when I escaped my abusive ex husband, the council found my children and I accommodation, the problem with that was, I had very high cleanliness standards, the others didn’t, that was the one thing I found the hardest.

Eventually my ex had to leave the home, then the boys and I returned, lived there until my youngest was eighteen, sold, he got his half,I bought my one bedroom property with my half.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 03:20 PM

... I had very high cleanliness standards, the others didn’t, that was the one thing I found the hardest.
Tell me about it!

I remember when I first moved into the Stretford place. The kitchen was pretty grotty. I spent a full hour cleaning it up, partially because I wanted to make a good impression on my new housemates. The landlady and another young lad were really grateful (the landlady was very nice).

Half an hour later, I went down to make a coffee, and there was breadcrumbs, sugar, coffee granules, jam and butter slopped all over the main benchtop with a dirty knife just thrown behind the kettle. It was obvious that it had been done quite deliberately. So childish. From then I just cleaned the parts that I needed before I cooked anything.

Listen to us, Pauline. We sound like a couple of old washerwomen gossiping about the neighbours! LOL!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top