Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 11:17 AM

Re: Martin Lewis "Moneysavingexpert" or stating the bleeding obvious?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thing is not everyone has the same education or experiences so saying they are stupid or knuckle draggers is very derogatory just because they lack the same knowledge you do.

Only time we have ever had any problems we couldn't see an end to in life was when we inherited a little money it caused us all sorts of problems if we had consulted ML or similar they may have stopped us getting in so much trouble.

Easier to have nothing than a sudden wind fall we found.
Apart from some very unfortunate babies, we are all born with the same brain. Over the years the easy route has developed and people do not use their brain. After all learning requires effort. Use it or lose it!

I really do wonder whether the government has put something in the water (we use a water filter!) , or sanction the idiotic TV programmes that appear to be making this once great country a nation of work shy morons.

I remember seeing a film where two of today's moronic mumbling text-addict youngsters, were transported forward in time. In their new time they were the smart ones! A future that could and is happening!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
Apart from some very unfortunate babies, we are all born with the same brain. Over the years the easy route has developed and people do not use their brain. After all learning requires effort. Use it or lose it!

I really do wonder whether the government has put something in the water (we use a water filter!) , or sanction the idiotic TV programmes that appear to be making this once great country a nation of work shy morons.

I remember seeing a film where two of today's moronic mumbling text-addict youngsters, were transported forward in time. In their new time they were the smart ones! A future that could and is happening!
And that where similarities end my education about money was that bankruptsy was perfectly normal and bailiffs are onky allowed in if Dad is home otherwise hide behind the sofa ! It wasn't until I married I realised this wasn't normal.

Really education is the key and not everyone has the same start in life.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
"Even Elbee didnt know?"
I think I've been slightly misquoted here, the correct quote should have read "That even Elbee probably didn't know"

I'm pleased to say that I didn't have any money in Icelandic banks either but it is a sobering thought that some councils did have money with them and their reasoning was that spreading it around reduced risk

Never the less maybe I should check out your web site, I try to garner information from as many sources as I can and then (and only then) do I decide on where to invest.
Jenheiffer
New Member!
N.Ireland
Jenheiffer is female 

11-12-2013, 12:56 AM

He may have sticky-out ears but he has the most wonderful brown eyes!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 09:30 PM

I dunno sometimes I think my brain is turning to pulp. Sitting and staring at this screen for hours on end. 'Stating the bleeding obvious' you say? Wish someone would state it to me so that my ed starts working again. Has to be something more to life than a computer and monitor surely? Ah, now if only Martin Lewis would spill the beans on what it takes to be wealthy, happy and content eh. Sometimes the only thing my brain will listen to is the bleeding obvious - and not just the once either - listened to repeatedly before it sinks in. What the hell am I talking about lol. Bored I suppose...

Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 04:42 PM

I love Martin Lewis! yes some say he states the obvious but he HAS to for those who are totally thick when it comes to savings rates, how ISA's work, how to get the best deal on insurance,claiming for wearing uniforms, student loans info, the pitfalls you can encounter by being blissfully unaware of terms and conditions.

Some don't bother shopping around for the best energy deals and he has saved many of them a fortune by showing them how to negotiate a good deal and which company has the best offers.
If everyone did their own homework thoroughly he would be surplus to requirements but that'll never happen, Martin reigns yay!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top