Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 09:21 AM

Re: buy to let

My son decided against this in the end . I think landlords can have huge issues with some tennets. My neighbour let's two flats , she's a decent girl , the flats well maintained and rents reasonable . It's her pension pot .

She has just evicted a lad who has trashed the place , I saw photos , it was immaculate 3 years ago when he moved in , the flat is now being gutted at a cost to her .

Yet I have friends who rent and look after their homes to a high standard .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 11:36 AM

We have had buy to lets in the past, which were a big hassle. I am not sure we would consider doing it again, but it is a possibility, we won't totally dismiss.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 12:45 PM

Nothing much changes and Vee is still my girlfriend. I still think she was misguided to rent her place out instead of cutting her losses. And she still owes me 5K for the cost of having in done up after letting it to a couple of smack heads.
Vix
New Member!
Yorkshire
Vix is female 

01-07-2016, 05:16 PM

I know it's a bit late now but I just wanted to say that 'buy to lets' are not all bad news. We've rented out a flat for 8 years to the same tenant and he's been brilliant. Never any problems. It's also part of our pension plan, given that we're unlikely to have any government support.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:12 PM

Suggest he watches at least the first series of "Can't Pay We'll Take It Away" first so he gets a real life view of just how many tenants can't pay and just how long drawn out the process is to get them evicted.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vix ->
I know it's a bit late now but I just wanted to say that 'buy to lets' are not all bad news. We've rented out a flat for 8 years to the same tenant and he's been brilliant. Never any problems. It's also part of our pension plan, given that we're unlikely to have any government support.
Good to see one geezer supporting you in your old age.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top