Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 09:29 PM

Re: Winter Fuel Allowance

Sure is, May.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 09:41 PM

Have you all been paid your Government Electricity Rebate of £12?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Have you all been paid your Government Electricity Rebate of £12?

Don't remember anything about that one Artangel. Is that one automatic? Do they write to us?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 09:48 PM

I get the winter fuel payment. I Never applied for it, they just send it every year, and it goes straight into my bank account.
I think this year I shall spend it on sweeties or shall I stock up on tins of prunes in fruit juice.?
You never know there might be a shortage.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't remember anything about that one Artangel. Is that one automatic? Do they write to us?
Mups, This below should explain it......

Government Electricity Rebate
The Government Electricity Rebate is a two year scheme that will provide domestic electricity customers with a £12 rebate on their electricity account in each year of the scheme. The first rebate was paid from October 2014 and the second rebate will be paid from October 2015.

HM Government has teamed up with energy suppliers to deliver the Government Electricity Rebate. Energy suppliers will provide the £12 rebate directly to their domestic electricity customers regardless of payment method.

How will I receive the year 2 rebate?
If you pay for your energy by any method other than a prepayment meter the £12 will be applied as a rebate on your electricity account.

If you are a Prepayment customer you will receive a voucher letter advising you how to claim your rebate. To claim your year 2 rebate, follow these simple steps:

1. Take the voucher letter along with your prepayment key and another form of ID confirming your name and address, to your local PayPoint outlet by 28th February 2016. The voucher will not be valid after 28 February 2016 so it is important that you claim your rebate before then. Examples of acceptable forms of ID include a household bill, bank statement, Council Tax Statement or driving licence.
2. Staff at the PayPoint outlet will scan the voucher on the letter and top-up your prepayment key with £12 rebate from HM Government.
Please note that the voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.

When will you receive your £12?
The year two £12 rebate will be applied to your electricity account during a 7-week period from 11th October – 27th November 2015. If you are a prepayment customer you will receive your voucher letter during this time.

How will I know I have received the £12?
You will see the rebate on your next bill or statement after the rebate has been applied, or you will receive the voucher letter from us if you are a prepayment customer.

How do I find out more information?
The Government Electricity Rebate is a Government scheme being delivered on their behalf by energy suppliers.

For more information visit www.gov.uk/government-electricity-rebate
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-11-2015, 10:04 PM

Thanks for all that Artangel. I'll have a read through.
Funny, I don't remember having that last winter, but maybe I've just forgotten.
Sometime soon we also get the £10 christmas bonus, don't we, or did they knock that on the head this year?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-11-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks for all that Artangel. I'll have a read through.
Funny, I don't remember having that last winter, but maybe I've just forgotten.
Sometime soon we also get the £10 christmas bonus, don't we, or did they knock that on the head this year?
Mups, I didn't know about it at all until someone asked if I had received a letter about it. They had received a letter/voucher for £12 as they have a pre payment meter. I noticed my £12 had been credited to my fuel account lately but I don't know if I received it last year?
They seem to have kept it quiet!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-11-2015, 10:17 PM

Thanks again. I'll have a look at my fuel account over the weekend, see if anything is different.

Are they still doing the £10 christmas pressy this year?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 10:29 PM

A full explanation can be found here....

https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/what-youll-get
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 11:54 PM

My friend Joan had her winter bonus last week, she always gets it early, not sure why-her surname begins with S , so its not alphabetical.

Its immaterial when I get mine, as it is all acounted for already i will be lucky to have £10.00 left to treat myself to something. !

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top