Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Re: Investors Wanted

There is something wrong morally wrong with that.

Why should a skilled man have to do unskilled work to be able to support his familly?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
There is something wrong with that.morally wrong.

Why should a skilled man have to do unskilled work to be able to support his familly?
It's that attitude that brought us to a situation where we have two million of our youth unemployed and an influx of three million migrants who want the work.

I am a skilled man but I have done loads of menial jobs to bring in a wage. Pride doesn't fill the stomachs of your children..
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2011, 10:29 AM

I`ve got an honours degree among other qualifications / skills and I`m not too proud to scrub floors and mop up sick, mate. You do what puts food on the table.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2011, 10:47 AM

In my opinion it is morally wrong NOT to take work which is available when you need it, even if it is not what you usually do. What is sometimes not realised is that it is the willingness to work and the work ethic and attitude that is so important. If an employer sees a person is adaptable then that is a valuable asset. There is no shame in doing something you feel is beneath you. Women do it all the time.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2011, 02:48 PM

You are joking.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2011, 06:00 PM

If you've ever worked abroad you'll know that there is not one single person in any country anywhere in the world who thinks like that. You never see that attitude in America, Germany, Australia.

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's that attitude that brought us to a situation where we have two million of our youth unemployed and an influx of three million migrants who want the work.

I am a skilled man but I have done loads of menial jobs to bring in a wage. Pride doesn't fill the stomachs of your children..
Yes, you have to do what ever you can to support your family.

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I`ve got an honours degree among other qualifications / skills and I`m not too proud to scrub floors and mop up sick, mate. You do what puts food on the table.
Yes, agree totally with that.

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What is sometimes not realised is that it is the willingness to work and the work ethic and attitude that is so important. If an employer sees a person is adaptable then that is a valuable asset. There is no shame in doing something you feel is beneath you. Women do it all the time.
When I've been interviewed for what I consider my 'proper' job, I've often been asked what I did if my previous contracts didn't go 'end to start' and the interviewer always complimented me on my initiative. Not once did any of them look down their nose at me, as you said they recognised flexibility and a willingness to do what needs to be done.

Originally Posted by galty ->
You are joking.
Either joking or living in fantasy land, pride and morals do not pay the bills.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2011, 12:14 PM

There comes a time when ones DIGNITY is worth more than doing a job that is beneath you. I have never been in a situation where I have HAD to take ANY work to pay the bills/feed us but I can understand those that may HAVE TO.

What I AM saying is, the scaffolder's employer reduced his pay buy 30% on a take it or leave it basis, and the chap had to look for unskilled work. He found that a trolley collector vacancy at Tesco had 400 applicants!

The poor souls that ARE UNSKILLED who would love a job like that are missing out due to the competition.

Real world time!........... All countires borrow and have a deficit. Some more than others. The so called austerity cuts are being put in place to keep people desparate and poorer than they would ahve been. The government needs inflation to wipe out the debts it has. Inflation conficates your savings.

There could be jobs for all those that want them. But the will is not there and World economics are being used to retain modern day slavery, that is working for a low wage, in a job you hate.

At the end of the day we are all dead. I for one would not wish to be in a nursing home with a few years to live and think of the years I WASTED doing a job that brought me no pleasure or satisfaction and only provided me with a basic existence.

Sure many do - but it is NOT RIGHT and that was my point.

If some members think thsi is a joke and I am joking then shame on them!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Real world time!........... All countires borrow and have a deficit. Some more than others. The so called austerity cuts are being put in place to keep people desparate and poorer than they would ahve been. The government needs inflation to wipe out the debts it has. Inflation conficates your savings.

There could be jobs for all those that want them. But the will is not there and World economics are being used to retain modern day slavery, that is working for a low wage, in a job you hate.
Mmmm..I'm not sure about all that Elbee, sounds a little radical to me. Perhaps you should start a new thread in Discussion or Debate, where we could delve a little deeper into your theory?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2011, 08:44 PM

At the end of the day we are all dead. I for one would not wish to be in a nursing home with a few years to live and think of the years I WASTED doing a job that brought me no pleasure or satisfaction and only provided me with a basic existence.

Sure many do - but it is NOT RIGHT and that was my point.

Elbee, you say 'Real world time' well it is the 'real world' that makes people to take jobs they don't like and pays less than they would wish, but what else can people do. Reference to jokes and fantasies refer only to reality, not to your views which in theory are admirable but it just ain't gonna happen not in my lifetime or yours.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 01:24 PM

The poor souls that ARE UNSKILLED who would love a job like that are missing out due to the competition.

I suppose that if an employer was sent by the dole office an unskilled unproven "worker" and also a Skilled man with a proven work record, it would be a joke if that employer hired the unskilled worker.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top