Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2011, 10:41 AM

Re: Lottery

I think it will go down well, Azz. As you say, Mac owners love their Macs. If you make it for Iphone I bet there will be a lot of interest.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2011, 02:33 PM

I loved my Mac so I say go for it Azz ..... and if I win the jackpot through you, I promise to split my winnings!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2011, 03:58 PM

Thanks guys! I shall let you know if it gets accepted on the app store

Unfortunately I can't make it for the iPhone/ipad yet as the Apple only allows the language I use to make apps for the Mac - although I hear they are changing it so watch this space
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
It's good practise for me anyway as I'm making it in the new language I've been learning
Good on yer Azz go for it, I'm still trying to learn English, innit....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Good on yer Azz go for it, I'm still trying to learn English, innit....
Lol so am I 'dude'
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Unfortunately I can't make it for the iPhone/ipad yet as the Apple only allows the language I use to make apps for the Mac
Sounds like an idea that would sell for sure. What language are you writing the app in? My youngest is a computer science major and probably speaks your language.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

27-05-2011, 02:46 AM

I have a quick question for you guys, on the lottery site for euromillions it says:

Pick five main numbers from 1 to 50 as before and now two Lucky Stars from 1 to 11
I assume the lucky stars are independent from the main numbers? So they can be the same?

Eg would this be allowed?

1,4,23,41,33 as the main numbers
and
4,9 as the lucky stars? (note 4 is in the main numbers too)

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok guys just found the answer lol, here's a previous euromillions result - where 4 is in both

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Sounds like an idea that would sell for sure. What language are you writing the app in? My youngest is a computer science major and probably speaks your language.
Ruby or rather, MacRuby, which is an Apple sanctioned version of Ruby that allows you to basically use Ruby to write what is essentially Objective-c (which is the language Apple uses for it's programs). It's like a layer or converter that converts Ruby, into obj-c
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2011, 08:57 AM

Ruby or rather, MacRuby, which is an Apple sanctioned version of Ruby that allows you to basically use Ruby to write what is essentially Objective-c (which is the language Apple uses for it's programs). It's like a layer or converter that converts Ruby, into obj-c
I used to have a dog called Ruby, so if there's anything that you need to know, don't be afraid to ask....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

27-05-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I used to have a dog called Ruby, so if there's anything that you need to know, don't be afraid to ask....
Nice name! Woof woof!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top