Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Re: The little french poison dwarf

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Yes we can all see how well France is doing
Hi

They are doing better than us in terms of standard of living.

France, GDP per Capita $44,549

UK, GDP per Capita $39,735

They have much better pensions and benefits than we do, the trains run on time and their NHS is not a complete mess.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They have much better pensions and benefits than we do, the trains run on time and their NHS is not a complete mess.
I wonder if things will be so good in the future though.The yellow coat rioters have already got reductions on taxes & will riot for more. If people want to pay less into their country, surely they are not stupid enough to think that reducing taxes won't affect their standard of living?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wonder if things will be so good in the future though.The yellow coat rioters have already got reductions on taxes & will riot for more. If people want to pay less into their country, surely they are not stupid enough to think that reducing taxes won't affect their standard of living?
Based on gdp they can lower by about 10% and still be on the present level of the UK. And at present the UK is faring not too bad. Post brexit is shrouded in the mist of uncertainty, but perhaps you will fare well too.
But apparently france doesn't need to worry.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That’s been the fiscal policy in this country for years
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
That’s been the fiscal policy in this country for years
Is that why macron is warning the demonstrating french and pointing in the direction of the UK?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:57 PM

Hi

Solasch, constantly slagging the UK off is not the best way to get your points across.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-01-2019, 05:35 PM

Hi

Solasch, constantly slagging the UK off is not the best way to get your points across.
I have tried the reasonable way for months, refuting every single argument of brexiteers. If they cann't prove their point they fall silent, but on another thread the same argument and false fictive statement resurfaces. There is no willingness to accept scientific or any other proof. So I am at a loss with these people and resort to brutal truths.
It is not the UK I am slagging, as I have stated several times after joining this (my first ever) forum, I think Great Britain is one of the most beautiful countries. I'm slagging some of it's inhabitants because their stubborness, short sightedness makes britain go down the drain. And it makes me desperate. The people as a whole and the country deserve much better than the outcome of a no deal brexit.

On the one hand your politicians seem to be coming to their senses about not wanting a hard brexit. On the other hand it's obvious there games played by all your political parties with the future of the country. That seems the normal way of politics in your country, and it makes for some exciting television from the house.
That the UK is leaving, for me is a given fact. The referendum was advisory in legal terms, but every politician promised to honour the outcome. You do not go back on your word.
But, in leaving, chose the modus that is the least harmful for your country.

So, if it takes to hitting the brexiteers figuratively over the head with words, I will do it. That is my way of trying to do my bit in saving as much of britain as possible.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 06:13 PM

Nice post Solalsch. I think damage limitation must be the way forward now. Hopefully our politicians are thinking the same way.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 06:56 PM

Hi

If things are so much better in France why are all these people clambering on to lorries and boats to get to the UK?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-01-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
If things are so much better in France why are all these people clambering on to lorries and boats to get to the UK?
Hi

Facts are facts, however much they do not agree with your view.

Why are Economic Migrants desperate to get here?

We do not deport them, benefits are much easier to get and so is asylum.

We release them on bail if we find them as well.

An illegals paradise.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top