Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:46 PM

Re: Transgender loses case

I find it very interesting that in the UK we find it so hard to accept change (which includes me), but in America transgender people are just accepted in whichever gender they adopt.

Sam Smith has recently decided he doesn't want to be referred to as "he" or "him", but prefers "they" or "them"................and a young couple have had their first child and are refusing to tell anyone (including the grandparents) the sex of the child, saying the child can choose when she or he is older. And it's increasingly common to give a child a gender neutral name!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I find it very interesting that in the UK we find it so hard to accept change (which includes me), but in America transgender people are just accepted in whichever gender they adopt.

Sam Smith has recently decided he doesn't want to be referred to as "he" or "him", but prefers "they" or "them"................and a young couple have had their first child and are refusing to tell anyone (including the grandparents) the sex of the child, saying the child can choose when she or he is older. And it's increasingly common to give a child a gender neutral name!
For gods sake, , I'm getting more and more exasperated. Is the child going to choose whether or not it has a penis or a vagina. What is wrong with people!

Sorry Lindy, it makes me so mad.

I see nothing wrong with gender neutral name really but the rest...……*holds head*
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:04 PM

I appreciate this isn't necessarily the case in the western world, but I'm told that almost every family in Thailand has a child of indeterminate sex. The child is known as a "Joy" child and it is a great honour to have such a child in the family. They apparently choose form day to day whether to be male or female.............

I think there are other, genuine reasons for men becoming female - the male sperm count is reducing - perhaps because of the use of the pill for so many years and the consequences of that?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:15 PM

Sam Smith has recently decided he doesn't want to be referred to as "he" or "him", but prefers "they" or "them"......
..........and a young couple have had their first child and are refusing to tell anyone (including the grandparents) the sex of the child, saying the child can choose when she or he is older. And it's increasingly common to give a child a gender neutral name!

Sorry Lindy, but I think Sam Smith is ridiculous.
How can one person be called a plural - 'They'?
All this is getting more stoopid by the day IMO.

The other part about not telling grandparents a baby's sex is equally ridiculous to me, too.
Will they never allow the grandparents to bath the child, change a nappy, or get the baby into their PJ's at bedtime? One would assume if a grandparent does these perfectly normal chores, they will see for themself what sex the baby is!

In the meantime, what will happen to all these 'gender neutral' kids when they go to school?
How will the parents dress them?
Which toilet will they use?
Will they wear skirts or trousers?
Will school uniforms have to change?

How do parents feel who are more traditional still?
Will they want their little girls in the loos/showers with boys?
Will they learn football or netball?
Will they learn needlework or metalwork?

I can foresee a multitude of problems for future generations if self-centred people don't get their acts together, and it is only the children who will suffer in the end.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

26-09-2019, 10:30 PM

I'm not supporting these things........just as stupefied as you and many others. I think the best thing is to say nothing unless or until there is a cost to society.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 11:08 PM

Its just data simplifying things.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 11:10 PM

He/she/it needs a good slap around the chops. Man up you freak.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 11:17 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-09-2019, 11:24 PM

Its tough putting it out there, for some, respect is due IF giving it big has come at a price, no matter what the patter is.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:14 AM

This is not a case of whether someone is accepted as being transgender, it's about a woman who gave birth then transgendered into a man and was expecting to be known as the baby's father on the birth certificate which clearly biologically he can't be.

It's another example of minority groups trying to inflict their beliefs on others. Surprisingly, the biggest objectors to men calling themselves women are lesbians who see themselves as real women and not manufactured ones. The situation now is beyond farce especially at some schools, who in attempts to pander to the 'non binary'' , are allowing boys who claim to be girls trapped in a male body access to girl's changing rooms. You can imagine that most of the boys in that school will see themselves as female.

Bloody ridiculous.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top