Join for free
Page 13 of 25 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 03:46 PM

Re: Anti semitism has destroyed the Labour Party

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I answered it plain as day on page 8 of this thread. You presumably just chose to ignore it. Here it is again:

50 examples of anti-Semitic remarks/actions from The Spectator:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/0...-the-evidence/

e.g.

"3) A Jewish Labour MP, Ruth Smeeth, was sent a 1,000 word death threat from a Corbyn-supporter calling her a ‘yid c–t’"

"5) Jeremy Corbyn was an active member of an ‘anti-Semitic’ Facebook group, ‘Palestine Live’. The group included Holocaust denial, 9/11 conspiracy theories and anti-Semitic slurs. He said he did not see the offensive posts and left in 2015"

"7) Jeremy Corbyn had a ten-year association with a group which denied the Holocaust. Mr Corbyn was a ‘stalwart’ supporter of Deir Yassin Remembered, attending events in 2013, with the group’s founder, Paul Eisen, a self-professed Holocaust denier."

"16) Ken Livingstone reportedly said a Jewish journalist was ‘just like a concentration camp guard’, that Jews vote Tory because they are rich and that Hitler supported Zionism. Despite his attempt to draw a parallel between those who fought for Jewish freedom and those who perpetrated a Jewish genocide, Livingstone was only given a temporary suspension from a party disciplinary panel – a decision Corbyn supported, despite 100 Labour MPs calling for Livingstone’s expulsion"
I thought perhaps several individuals had been targeted?
What has happened to those who made the remarks and personal attacks? Have they been dealt with?
An answer not a link would be appreciated. No need to be rude I'm asking questions so as to understand what's happening.
Thank you.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Too late, he's already been vilified on this forum for inviting representatives of Sinn Fein to address people attending a meeting in the Palace of Westminster (I was there !!!).

Corbyn & co. always were ahead of the game politically.

He was vilified for inviting Gerry Adams over to the "mainland" - but then a few years later politicians here, in the US & elsewhere (including Mandela i South Africa) were queuing-up to speak to Adams.

The Brits had been speaking to the IRA anyway via MI6 - but Thatcher & Major tried to maintain the myth that "We don't speak to terrorists". Yeah, right.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I thought perhaps several individuals had been targeted?
What has happened to those who made the remarks and personal attacks? Have they been dealt with?
An answer not a link would be appreciated. No need to be rude I'm asking questions so as to understand what's happening.
Thank you.
Luciana Berger has had horrendous abuse on extreme antisemitic hate blogs also tweets calling for her death and the death of her baby pictures of her with disgusting language and pictures -one with a hatchet on it saying she would get the same as Jo Cox .
Six people have already been convicted of hate crimes against her four went to jail and two got none custodian sentences .She has had death threats and letters saying she will have acid thrown in her face and been stabbed to death .
She has been chased by a man hurling anti Semitic lanaguage at her .
At university she was spat spat on by people in the National Union of students she resigned from the The student body's executive council in 2005 because of it being ' a bystander of Jew Hatred '
Anti semitism has been on the rise throughout Europe for years now .There were 1652 recorded incidents last year the highest ever recorded .
There are too many incidents to describe .
But even the government has recognised it and spends millions on security for Jewish schools and institutions .
Jewish cemeteries are always being defaced .

As for Corbyn it took him months to accept reluctantly the international definition of anti semitism !

Will it take Jews being beaten up in the streets again before people believe that anti semitism is a problem?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:34 AM

No Tess, the problem remains and appears to be rife within the Looney Labour party. That's why all the fuss exists. It's been going on for years. The Looney Party is essentially an institutioalised anti semitic party.

Corbyn has sat back and steadfastedly done nothing about the anti semitic behaviours of people in his party which has surprised nobody of course given his own Marxist tendencies.

His position as Looney Labour leader is now totally untennable.

The duplicitous cad has nowhere to go now. He lost Labour the last election, he's shown himself to be a totally disreputable individual when he duped students to get their votes and his repreated long standing willingness to tolerate antisemitism in the party is an issue that has now come home to roost.

Now the party is split with members leaving in their droves, unable to support the Marxist con man. Labour is finished simple as.

We now simply wait to see what rises out of the ashes of Corbyn's destruction. Maybe a new Labour Party? Maybe the existing party will come to its senses and finally kick Old Compo out and with him all his militant Momentum thugs.
More likely not though. If they have kept on congratualting themselves for losing the last election and kept kissing the coat tails of the idiot who lost them that election then logic and reason would seem not to apply. The Loonies will likely continue to self destruct in their entranced and misguided worship of their terrorist supporting Marxist leader.

And that's just fine !!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 11:01 AM

Just to clarify, although I'm not a member of the Labour Party (they're too wishy washy for my taste), as I understand it, Jeremy Corbyn is not responsible for party discipline, that is the responsibility of the General Secretary and according to the recent news on the matter, disciplinary hearings and investigations are taking place. Setting up such investigations and hearings cannot, as I understand it, happen overnight, everything must be done in accordance with the rules of 'natural justice'.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 11:10 AM

I see someone threw an egg at JC.
He should be Knighted in the next New Years Honours list.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 02:15 PM

Thank you for explaining, I have not heard about any of that in detail on tv.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 02:21 PM

Thank you for explaining, I have not heard about any of that in detail on tv.

Tessa darlin' - for obvious reasons they cannot disclose to the media all of the allegations made against individual members, nor whether those allegations were the subject of investigations or disciplinary hearings as this would prejudice the individual's right to 'natural justice'.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 03:11 PM

Yet more examples of anti semitism in the Labour Party

One Labour MP, Ruth George, suggested that Israel could be secretly funding the MPs who had quit the party – a conspiracy theory for which she lamely apologized.

This week another Labour MP, Chris Williamson, was suspended after a string of perverse and inflammatory actions. He had supported antisemites who had claimed there was a Zionist plan for world domination, and that Jews were responsible for the African slave trade.

After he was found to have complained that the party had been “too apologetic” over antisemitism, he was finally suspended – an action which Corbyn reportedly tried to block, retreating only when members of his own front-bench team threatened to resign.

This resurrection of the old Jew hatred barely 70 years after the world said 'never again' is frightening .
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 09:34 PM

Such touching concern for UK Jews - heart-warming.

Really.

Page 13 of 25 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top