Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:15 PM

Re: Another fine example !

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
There were not a lot of seats availableon this busy train which is how she, who yes holds politicians to account , came to be made an example of in this story .
Passengers expect to be able to sit when they've paid a fare as well as it's against the rules to let animals sit on seats.
I didn't read it properly, I thought there were a few seats.

If there were hardly any seats then I agree it was wrong to let the dog on the seat. But if there were loads of seats I still say it wouldn't bother me really, I wouldn't think much about it.

I think there are far more important things in life to get upset about.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I didn't read it properly, I thought there were a few seats.

If there were hardly any seats then I agree it was wrong to let the dog on the seat. But if there were loads of seats I still say it wouldn't bother me really, I wouldn't think much about it.

I think there are far more important things in life to get upset about.
These so called newspapers are nothing more than gossip mongering rags aimed at the professional moaners of this word!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Someone in the public eye really ought to know better ? I will think about this incident everytime I see her on Newsnight now .

I don't think being in the public eye is always a good thing.

They seem to get scrutinised quite a lot...in this case for something quite small.

But that is just my opinion,.you are entitled to yours,which I respect.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
These so called newspapers are nothing more than gossip mongering rags aimed at the professional moaners of this word!
I think a lot of the news stories come via people phoning their stories in . Someone obviously recognised this tv woman presenter and took a pic ? Maybe asked fellow passengers what they thought about it ? Obviously contacted the appropriate rail company .
Do you approve of animals taking up seats rail passengers have paid for ?
Btw I'm not a professional moaner
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:19 PM

Zuleika, The link won’t open for me on my iPad, so l can’t give a proper comment.
I take it, it’s a famous newsreader and they and their dog are hogging a seat on public transport? Someone else has their feet on a seat?

I don’t know how some people have the nerve to do things like that and not feel bad about it.
Some people are pig ignorant!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
To be honest,i bet that dog smells better,...than some of those people on the train.

It is well known, Dogs have a better sense of smell than humans.
You may have meant Stink.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is well known, Dogs have a better sense of smell than humans.
You may have meant Stink.
I didn't like to say that word.

I was also thinking,some people would need more than newspaper to stop the s...k penetrating,...I only say this through experience,..

I don't mean I s...k either.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:33 PM

I hope she had Poo Bags
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:33 PM

I think I read where someone said "What's that smelly animal next to you doing on the seat?"
And someone replied "That's no way to describe the dog"
He said "I was talking to the dog!"........
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, The link won’t open for me on my iPad, so l can’t give a proper comment.
I take it, it’s a famous newsreader and they and their dog are hogging a seat on public transport? Someone else has their feet on a seat?

I don’t know how some people have the nerve to do things like that and not feel bad about it.
Some people are pig ignorant!
Art ,I'm on my iPad now so reposting the link here again.
Yes it's Newsnigbt's anchorwoman . Her whippet occupying a seat on a packed train into Paddington .
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...acH?ocid=ientp

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top