Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:19 PM

Re: Coffee House

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I can never understand why women's loo's get so messy. Loo paper all over the floors, blocked sinks, taps left on, loo's not flushed, pee on seats, sometimes worse than pee, can't believe women are that messy. Makes you wonder what their own home bathrooms are like. I always wipe the seat before I sit down just in case.
Can't comment on men's loo's as I never go in them.
I very rarely go into a cubicle, and using a urinal doesn't involve touching anything....Well... other than ones appendage......

Originally Posted by mart ->
We use disabled persons toilets. They're usually not too bad but we always use a small disinfectant spray on the toilet seat anyway. The toilets in department stores are most often the cleanest.
It was a rare occasion today and I had to use the M&S toilet and I must say, they were spotless.....10/10
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well they may have a stack of dirty cups for difficult customers.
Then again they may not.or maybe they have already spat in them,waiting to be fired out to the next annoying customer ...we will never know.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I went into a well known coffee bistro today,..sat with a nice cappuccino,once finished,I popped to their toilet.

I could not believe the state that the toilet ,.....floor was in.

I had to use toilet paper moistened with a blob of hand soap,to wash the seat,..absolute disgrace.

I complained....how would you have addressed the situation,..bearing in mind that the coffee shop was full?

Was your little finger Cocked, forget the stiff upper lip.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:53 PM

Then again they may not.or maybe they have already spat in them,waiting to be fired out to the next annoying customer ...we will never know.
Maybe not but I would just feel my coffee is hexed if I have upset the staff. That's just me. I prefer to try to broach such things in a "nice nice" way but preferably not at all. It's not always in the control of the staff that work there.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:53 PM

Whenever I go into town I always use M&S toilets even if I'm not shopping in the store. They are always sparkling clean to a high standard.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:57 PM

Maybe not but I would just feel my coffee is hexed if I have upset the staff. That's just me. I prefer to try to broach such things in a "nice nice" way but preferably not at all. It's not always in the control of the staff that work there.
It's in control of the manager...to make sure these toilets are up to a high standard hygiene level.

When I was at the Brompton hospital,the actual boss of the ward,inspected all of the toilets.

So have to disagree with you on that one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:58 PM

It's in control of the manager...to make sure these toilets are up to a high standard hygiene level.

When I was at the Brompton hospital,the actual boss of the ward,inspected all of the toilets.

So have to disagree with you on that one.
But that's a hospital not a coffee shop. A hospital has to manage infection control. A coffee shop is private so although they have to adhere to health and safety it's a different ball game.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-06-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Whenever I go into town I always use M&S toilets even if I'm not shopping in the store. They are always sparkling clean to a high standard.
Sadly many stores are closing. Maybe they are clean because few use them?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-06-2019, 11:01 PM

But that's a hospital not a coffee shop. A hospital has to manage infection control. A coffee shop is private so although they have to adhere to health and safety it's a different ball game.
As i said,it's the manager duty,..to make sure those toilets are up to standard,just as its a cooks duty to make sure her kitchen is clean.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top