Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 07:56 AM

Re: Hot Air Balloons.

I would go in a Hot Air Balloon, but, would probably need a stiff drink once back on terra firma as I might be a bit of a Basket Case.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

14-07-2019, 08:27 AM

We see hot air balloons very frequently in our neighbourhood.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
WOW!!...that is some hot air balloon there,Mags.

I could never go in one....I have a fear of heights.

I bet that was a thrilling experience ...I wish I could go up in one......I just cannot overcome my fear of heights...never been on a plane either..
I was exactly the same Pauline, I vowed I would never go on a plane because of my fear of heights. However, when I was 70 my son and daughter-in-law wanted to take me to Florence - a place I had always wanted to visit due to my interest in the Medici family - so how could I refuse? I took a deep breath and flew out there with them and enjoyed every minute of it, my fear of heights and flying forgotten.

For my 75th in a couple of years I am planning to go in a hot air balloon! So it's never too late to try these things Pauline.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Definitely a risky pastime

Some awful crashes like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obq5gJrO3z0
Trust you to put some doom and gloom on the thread Realist!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:48 AM

The silence up there is amazing except when the burners are firing, then it's a roar.

I'm so pleased I went up in it as I like trying all means of transport. We've done helicopter trips, been on a camel several times (my favourite) and been in a submarine.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Trust you to put some doom and gloom on the thread Realist!
Or just a touch of realism !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Or just a touch of realism !
Nah! Just you!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I was exactly the same Pauline, I vowed I would never go on a plane because of my fear of heights. However, when I was 70 my son and daughter-in-law wanted to take me to Florence - a place I had always wanted to visit due to my interest in the Medici family - so how could I refuse? I took a deep breath and flew out there with them and enjoyed every minute of it, my fear of heights and flying forgotten.

For my 75th in a couple of years I am planning to go in a hot air balloon! So it's never too late to try these things Pauline.

I know what you are saying,Margaret,..well done you!.

I just know,I will never get on a plane or hot air balloon.

...Pleased for you,that you did though!..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Never heard of these.

Quite big business one would imagine .
The little NSW town of Canowindra has a Hot Air Balloon Festival as well as races and challenges. I went a few years ago - quite spectacular. Nice little town anyway but it is supposed to be a good town for balloons because it usually has little wind in the morning.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 03:02 PM

I would love to be there,Bruce,...just watching everyone taking off,would be enough for me...as you say.."spectacular "!!.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top