Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 11:53 AM

Re: My goodness I'm gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The days of bothering about what I look like are long gone. I haven't worn make up since I went through the change, seemed pointless when it all ran down my face due to the heat I created.
I do however have my hair done regularly every 6 weeks, no way am I going grey gracefully. I can't style it the way Sue does, but she cuts it so well that just washed & left it looks fine.
My Daughter has a titter when she picks me up from the salon though.
Tiffany, I too, refuse to go grey gracefully. Luckily, l can colour my hair myself.
I still wear a little make up. I think it’s good for your self esteem. I am not sure why, once you reach a certain age you have to suddenly stop and become another person?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:03 PM

Hi

Yep , both Rhian and Artangel are gorgeous.

Not just good looking and well dressed, but intelligent, articulate and funny as well.

Go for it, the pair of you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:04 PM

I’ve gone grey gracefully and have no regrets
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tiffany, I too, refuse to go grey gracefully. Luckily, l can colour my hair myself.
I still wear a little make up. I think it’s good for your self esteem. I am not sure why, once you reach a certain age you have to suddenly stop and become another person?

Whatever turns you on. I have never enjoyed dressing up or wearing makeup.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Probably wouldn't look right on a spider anyway................
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:21 PM

Never enjoyed, that is sad.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Perhaps we should ask ourselves why we want to look better than we are naturally?
For most women, they did it when they were younger to attract a man ( although most will deny this )

I have always thought that, if that man is going to be your partner he will eventually see you as nature made you. Lots of people thought I was pretty when I was young ( and yes I did wear a bit of mascara, eye shadow & lipstick) but I never wanted to be a decoration on a mans arm, I just wanted people to like the person I was!
Now I will still put a bit of make-up on ( but never on my skin) when I go out, but I rarely do to just pop to the shops.
If i need to look pretty for people to like me, they are probably not the sort of people I want to spend time with, and I can't see myself without a mirror, so why bother?
I don't colour my hair as none of it is grey!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Never enjoyed, that is sad.
Why is it sad?

Maybe it is just as well I don't wear makeup except on very rare occasions. I was once told by the makeup artist, who was preparing me for a screen appearance, that my skin was in excellent condition, in all probability because I didn't use make up very often. I have very few wrinkles and people have told me that I look a lot younger than I actually am. On a few occasions some have thought I was our eldest girl's older sister, which pleased her no end of course!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:57 PM

Why is it sad?

Maybe it is just as well I don't wear makeup except on very rare occasions. I was once told by the makeup artist, who was preparing me for a screen appearance, that my skin was in excellent condition, in all probability because I didn't use make up very often. I have very few wrinkles and people have told me that I look a lot younger than I actually am. On a few occasions some have thought I was our eldest girl's older sister, which pleased her no end of course!

Nothing like "self praise"...is there....Gal!!...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I used to wear make up, had to in my job. You can't serve customers looking sloppy. Later when I had stopped working I just use to wear it when going out.
My Daughter, then aged about 2 & a half, was very quiet one day in my bedroom, I thought she was playing with cuddly toys so I looked around the door & she had got all my makeup out & was smothering herself & the toys in it, she looked so innocent. So there was most of it gone & a mess to clean up too. I didn't bother replacing it.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top