Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:26 PM

Re: Boris Johnson Is A Rubbish Public Speaker. Would You Agree?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Of course not but that puts him in the same camp as the rest of them. The main point is that he can stop Corbyn getting in.
Corbyn getting in?

I have seen polls where the Loonies are leading both the Tories and the Limp Dums.

How can there be so many people who are willing to vote for them? Are they blind? Are they stupid? Are they suicidal?

Yes, I know that a large proportion of Labour voters still do so simply because "their dad always did", but are they not aware of the inevitable consequences if Compo should become our next PM?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Corbyn getting in?

I have seen polls where the Loonies are leading both the Tories and the Limp Dums.

How can there be so many people who are willing to vote for them? Are they blind? Are they stupid? Are they suicidal?

Yes, I know that a large proportion of Labour voters still do so simply because "their dad always did", but are they not aware of the inevitable consequences if Compo should become our next PM?
No. Quite a lot of people are being hurt by tory austerity policies. The only reason the tories look good is because labour looks so scary.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 05:07 AM

From an outsider's point of view and for what I/we have seen of him, he comes across like most other politicians. Full of noise and words but not much else. Needs a lot of "tuning up" He reminds me of a big blustering senior schoolboy. Not the school bully type. Not a bad guy. One who would probably stand by you if you really needed him. But still, a big schmendrick. The one that wears the blazer and cap that are too small, badly knotted tie, shirt hanging out, always loud and always eating. usually something full of cream and jam. I am left leaning politically but Corbyn comes across as a disingenuous, opportunistic creep to me. That episode where he called Theresa May a "stupid woman" and then tried to make out that he said something else was pathetic. I mean he had lip readers stating that's what he said and he still denied it. You didn't have to be one of them to see that. What does he take the British public for? If I had to choose between the company of either of them I would probably choose Boris. But at the end of the day as I said, I am an outsider. WE have more than enough politicians to deal with right here. I am always happy to be educated/ enlightened..and to be proved wrong.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
From an outsider's point of view and for what I/we have seen of him, he comes across like most other politicians. Full of noise and words but not much else. Needs a lot of "tuning up" He reminds me of a big blustering senior schoolboy. Not the school bully type. Not a bad guy. One who would probably stand by you if you really needed him. But still, a big schmendrick. The one that wears the blazer and cap that are too small, badly knotted tie, shirt hanging out, always loud and always eating. usually something full of cream and jam. I am left leaning politically but Corbyn comes across as a disingenuous, opportunistic creep to me. That episode where he called Theresa May a "stupid woman" and then tried to make out that he said something else was pathetic. I mean he had lip readers stating that's what he said and he still denied it. You didn't have to be one of them to see that. What does he take the British public for? If I had to choose between the company of either of them I would probably choose Boris. But at the end of the day as I said, I am an outsider. WE have more than enough politicians to deal with right here. I am always happy to be educated/ enlightened..and to be proved wrong.
I think that's a fair description of Boris.... and funny too.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I listened to him the other day and l couldn’t believe how bad he is at giving public speeches.
With very wide eyes, he seemed to ramble, stumble over his words and was very hesitant.
I honestly, didn’t know what he was on about as he was rather incoherent.

I think he needs a refresher course in public speaking, as he’s not very good.

Maybe, you disagree and think he’s a great public speaker?
Boris is a clown if he is all we have to offer the world the God help us
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 04:51 PM

Boris is not good in the public arena, he does seem to make an ass of himself.
Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 05:09 PM

Johnson, Farage, Corbyn what does it matter disunited GB is about to sink without trace. Thanks to Cameron and 17 million Little Englanders.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top