Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 08:07 AM

Space Probe

A Space Probe has just landed on a Comet and has just started beaming pictures back, so far a Washing Machine, two Televisions and a Microwave Oven have been spotted.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 08:28 AM

Re: Space Probe

Hmmm.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 10:28 AM

I think the joke here is the 1.4billion it has cost and the 10yrs of preparing for this. Yes it actually landed but it is not tethered so at anytime it could go flying off into space if it hasn't already done that because the last report I read was that they have lost contact with it.

Like I say I find it a complete joke.
I could think of a lot more better ways of using that money here on earth .I also feel that we should get our own back yard in order first before we start pissing in some bugger else's.
Because it would be silly to think we are the only life force around, and one of these days I dare say somebody is gonna come a knocking on our door that's if they haven't already and I bet they will laugh their heads off at the state we are allowing this world to get in to.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I think the joke here is the 1.4billion it has cost and the 10yrs of preparing for this. Yes it actually landed but it is not tethered so at anytime it could go flying off into space if it hasn't already done that because the last report I read was that they have lost contact with it.

I could think of a lot more better ways of using that money here on earth .I also feel that we should get our own back yard in order first before we start pissing in some bugger else's.
Because it would be silly to think we are the only life force around, and one of these days I dare say somebody is gonna come a knocking on our door that's if they haven't already and I bet they will laugh their heads off at the state we are allowing this world to get in to.
If everyone had your attitude Longfellow we would still be living in the Dark Ages. Just because you can't see a purpose behind scientific research doesn't mean that in a few years time it won't become important.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 10:45 AM

There's always someone who's ready to knock any great technical achievement. Always a queue of moaners who say "We should have spent the money on X,Y or Z". I suppose there's also plenty who think we should still be living in caves and hunting with spears for our food. Maybe we should never have set out in sailing ships to discover other lands.

I believe it is in our nature to explore and increase our knowledge and understanding of the universe we live in. I say "Well done" to everyone involved in this venture.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 10:46 AM

That argument comes up every time money is spent on space exploration.
The people who want to find out stuff about the universe will not let the money go towards building hospitals or backyard cleanups.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 11:20 AM

Money down the drain fellas.
Just what benefits are you getting from it, oh I forgot you get to see pretty pictures..
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 11:29 AM

Yeah, pretty pictures. Isn't that enough? Well, there are other benefits. I'll let you do your own research. Head out of the sand now. Come on.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 12:19 PM

The probe may be up in space, but the cash is still here on Earth, isn't it?.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

13-11-2014, 12:29 PM

Money down the drain fellas.
Just what benefits are you getting from it, oh I forgot you get to see pretty pictures..
A question for you Longfellow - can you imagine life without electricity ? No radio, television, mobile phones, vehicles, kitchen utensils, etc. The was a time when electricity was experimental. I'm sure at that time there would be people like you saying the research was a waste of money.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top