Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Re: Travel sickness

Originally Posted by Lou ->
Hope you find something to help with your Grand Daughters travel sickness x
Thanks Lou, I hope so too. She will be facing a 9 hour journey to Orlando next year so I hope to find a cure for her before then.
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Oh poor Katie I don't have any suggestions . . . Domi gets stressed on longer journeys (tummy ache and tears) but 'joy rides' seem to help him.

Could the doctor not help? Surely if OTC remedies aren't helping something prescribed might? Or what about seeing a herbalist (proper medical herbalist rather than shopping centre quack)?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2009, 09:46 AM

A search of that clever interwebby thing has yielded this battery operated gadget which seems to be based on the 'sea-bands' acupressure principle
also
a patch containing an anti-nausea drug which is stuck onto the back of the neck and can be effective for up to 3 days.
I think Katie may be a little young for that but I wonder, as there is a little 'psychology' involved with motion sickness, as well as the physical, if you could get some patches, show them to her and explain what they do, and then on the day of the journey (or evening before) stick an ordinary transparent plaster/bandaid behind her ear, with a little sleight of hand?

Apart from that, maybe it would be worth a consultation with a pharmacist? You may be able to get something good over-the-counter, even if it does make the poor girl sleepy, or your pharmacist may advise you what to suggest to your GP
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Thanks everyone, there are lots of good suggestions here to try and hopefully something will work for Katie...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top