Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 11:00 PM

Re: Sharing a bed is bad for your health ...

Leia (my cat) and I sleep very peacefully every night...although she does hog the warm spot when I get up in the night to use the loo ....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->

I see there is also an article, sharing a bed drains men's brains. I wonder who thought up that one!
Obviously someone who's been drained.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 02:42 PM

It's when you share your bed with a partner and a cat that there can be trouble. Why do cats always want to sleep acrossways? Lengthways is acceptable, but will they? And Kizzy is such a big girlie now. Wondering where Pip will want to sleep when he's old enough?????

Snoring is also good - at least you know your partner is alive (my mum was devastated that my dad stopped snoring after his first heart attack).
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 03:55 PM

I've slept alone for many years, even to the extent of separate bedrooms, my wife complained years ago of my snoring, I couldn't get a full nights sleep because of her digging me in the back.

Anyways, . . now she snores so I made the right move, . except the dogs can't stand her snoring so they've moved in with me, now I've got Nero in the bed and Mea on the floor snoring, you cannot win can ya.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 03:58 PM

My dogs don`t seem to mind my snoring. But they do have a nap in the morning...and the afternoon...and after their dinner so they don`t seem to suffer sleep deprivation.
nero
Central Scotland

10-09-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
My dogs don`t seem to mind my snoring. But they do have a nap in the morning...and the afternoon...and after their dinner so they don`t seem to suffer sleep deprivation.
Love it.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Even though I toss and turn alot in bed, and thump my husband in the back occassionaly (by mistake of course), and wake up quite a bit in the night, my husband still says he would rather sleep with me, he likes to feel me beside him. How sweet
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 07:14 PM

I have to admit it is nice to have someone to warm ones feet on
..but then a hot water bottle does just as well.

Have to say I can't imagine sharing my bed with anyone , 'been there done that' and oh the joy of sleeping alone and having the whole bed to oneself, sheer bliss
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

10-09-2009, 09:42 PM

It's certainly bad for Baz's health - I snore like a pig and he gets hardly any sleep

Moving to separate rooms a couple of years ago was the best thing we ever did.

I wouldn't give up my single occupancy of a lovely double bed for anything now
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 09:54 PM

I have a double, but wish it were a king size; as Angie pointed out cats like to sleep sidewise rather than lengthwise and take up more than their fair share......

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top