Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:43 PM

E-on and those B***** smart meters again

Does anyone want my reserved appointment on 22 March at 12pm to have my smart meter fitted by Eon? They apparently wrote to me 2 weeks and ago and haven't received confirmation from me ....

Is this the new ploy.... get the folks worried they'll miss the appt, panic and phone up for another?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Re: E-on and those B***** smart meters again

We are still being told the technology won't work here so yes I'd love that appointment as I have been asking for one for years now.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:06 PM

I keep getting asked, by letter & email to book one, but they don't have a good track record, so, so far no way.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:41 PM

I was led to believe they had to do a survey of the current meters position in the house before they could fit them.

I did have a letter from E on last year saying they were coming to survey but I had to cancel and never heard anything since.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:05 PM

This was on the radio the other day, it’s bully boy tactics to force you to have a smart meter, if you do want one though , make sure it’s the latest mits2 meter, the old mits1 should have been withdrawn, realist is the man with all the info on these,, find one of his posts , I won’t be having one fitted.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Two years ago l received a letter from eon saying that my meter must be changed as it was an old model and it could start to become unreliable so l should make an appointment,which l duly did,however on appointment day nobody showed up and nobody phoned to to cancel. or explain why, so l put it out of my mind.
However,soon after, lstarted getting letters saying l must make another appointment,. which l ignored , as l was a bit p----ssd off with them.
Now l have been receiving letters every month for almost 20 months,it seems they have given up at last.
I suspect that the letters are way of lining up work for contractors to.
carry out and the meters do not need changing at all !
Perhaps others have experienced similar behaviour.
Best regards,. Donkeyman.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:11 PM

I don't want them.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Does anyone want my reserved appointment on 22 March at 12pm to have my smart meter fitted by Eon? They apparently wrote to me 2 weeks and ago and haven't received confirmation from me ....

Is this the new ploy.... get the folks worried they'll miss the appt, panic and phone up for another?

You should contact EON customer service directly and state categorically that you do not want a Smart Meter and will under no circumstances whatsoever accept one. You should insist that they record this on your account.

I have done the for British Gas and my Electricity supplier.

I have also printed A4 laminated sheets stating that the owner of the property will not accept a Smart Meter and any attempt to install one will result in legal action.

Those sheets are cable tied to the inside of the meter boxes on the wall outside.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Our federal government had to order companies to provide smart meters in a timely manner because the energy companies were refusing or delaying installation fearing loss of revenue.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You should contact EON customer service directly and state categorically that you do not want a Smart Meter and will under no circumstances whatsoever accept one. You should insist that they record this on your account.

I have done the for British Gas and my Electricity supplier.

I have also printed A4 laminated sheets stating that the owner of the property will not accept a Smart Meter and any attempt to install one will result in legal action.

Those sheets are cable tied to the inside of the meter boxes on the wall outside.
To follow your advice realist requires me to contact a call centre
and converse with a robot, which l hate, and takes a long time
going through endless options, which l have difficulty hearing
To get a human being to deal with the problem, l have to listen
to 20 mins of tinny music played on a 1920's gramàphone before
I get any attention.
So the option l choose is to ignore all communications from my
provider excepting bills as it is evident my meter is not
disfunctional, unlike our parliament.
Notwithstanding all the above,your advice is probably good.
Best regards. Donkeyman.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top