Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:55 AM

The Waltons

Because it's the holidays I stayed up late last night
I was watching random stuff on sky and up popped the Waltons!
It brought me right back...
I loved them all but Jimbob was my favourite
And Erin

Who was yours?

G'night Grandpa
G'night Mary Ellen
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Re: The Waltons

Yes, several weeks ago I watched a re-run that was filmed towards the end of the series, with a couple of specials as well.

I much preferred the earlier set of series when Michael Learned, Granma and Granpa were still in it.

It was a super feel-good series though!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:26 PM

awww I used to love the waltons, I especially loved Grandpa he was such a sweet man. I liked Erin too.

They don't make sweet programmes like The Waltons, Anne of Green Gables, Little House on Prairie, Highway to Heaven etc. Its a shame, it was such innocent viewing with no swearing or violence which seems to be the in thing these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:31 PM

I used to love watching the Waltons. I remember how devastated I was when Mary went blind. I can still hear the music..

De de de de de derrrrr, De de de de de derrr derrr derrr
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:47 PM

I used to love the Waltons and we would watch it as a family when I was a child. I used to like Elizabeth because she was closest to my age. My parents loved John Boy.

I've been watching it on True Entertainment every so often if I wake at night and can't sleep. They are repeating the whole show and during the day they also show all the Waltons movies, which I have never seen.

We need more feelgood tv.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I used to love the Waltons and we would watch it as a family when I was a child. I used to like Elizabeth because she was closest to my age. My parents loved John Boy.

I've been watching it on True Entertainment every so often if I wake at night and can't sleep. They are repeating the whole show and during the day they also show all the Waltons movies, which I have never seen.

We need more feelgood tv
I agree, it's a shame no one is capable of making more of it.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree, it's a shame no one is capable of making more of it.
'Mum' was feelgood!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-05-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
'Mum' was feelgood!
Not enough sex and violence in it for me.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
'Mum' was feelgood!
Yes mum was a gem. But they rarely make such programmes. We had Gavin & Stacey and Just Good Friends, but we don't really have any soap operas that are feelgood. Eastenders has always been depressing. I suppose that both the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie were adaptations of books.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Ah, if only real famiiles were as supportive, loving and all-round decent folk as the Waltons. Most of them that I know are the anti-Waltons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top