Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:49 PM

Cyclist and the yoga teacher

I feel sure there is a thread on this case somewhere but can't find it .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml#newcomment

I am not fond of cyclists but in this case I think the judgement was unfair .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:53 PM

Re: Cyclist and the yoga teacher

I don't think so. They need to make it clear to cyclists that they are not above the rules of the road. The pedestrian could have been a small child or an elderly person who does not have the best perception. The fact that it's a yoga teacher on a phone is skewing people's judgement. Every pedestrian deserves to be safe from vehicles.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I feel sure there is a thread on this case somewhere but can't find it .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml#newcomment

I am not fond of cyclists but in this case I think the judgement was unfair .
I agree, Muddy.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't think so. They need to make it clear to cyclists that they are not above the rules of the road. The pedestrian could have been a small child or an elderly person who does not have the best perception. The fact that it's a yoga teacher on a phone is skewing people's judgement. Every pedestrian deserves to be safe from vehicles.
I'm with you on this one.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 10:08 PM

But it didn't sound as though it was the cyclist's fault.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 10:16 PM

it is always the fault of a vehicle if a pedestrian is hit. If she was a child nobody here would be questioning the charge. The £100k is the court cost because the cyclist was not insured. Cyclists should have to be insured and they should also have licence plates. We should not have dangerous vehicles on the road with no insurance and no licence plates. They are dangerous because they are going pretty fast and many do not abide by the highway code at all. Many just go through red lights as though it does not apply to them. I have seen a bus beep loudly at a cycle that nearly went into me after weaving between vehicles while I was crossing the road (on a red light). That loud horn stopped him in his tracks. I have absolutely no sympathy for this guy. "Yoga teacher" is being touted as some sort of excuse. "pensioner" or "child" would not have the same effect. The highway code is not just for cars.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-06-2019, 10:18 PM

OK - point taken.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
True but a judgement has to be fair .
It's nothing to do with her being a yoga teacher .
She should not have been crossing the road looking at her phone.
Hopefully small children and elderly people will have more sense.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 10:23 PM

You have to trace this back, most kids should have enjoyed the freedom a bicycle them, a FEW were not interested, they have now reemerged.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2019, 10:25 PM

How many cyclists are insured ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top