Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Re: Kim Darroch out

Hi

Mr Plod has now got involved.

Kicking it into the long grass, the usual tactic.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

13-07-2019, 10:37 AM

I hope they discover who leaked Darroch's opinion of the White House clown and throw them to the wolves.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JJ50 ->
I hope they discover who leaked Darroch's opinion of the White House clown and throw them to the wolves.
Darroch has only himself to blame. He used an insecure method to make his OPINION known and his OPINION is purely subjective.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Darroch has only himself to blame. He used an insecure method to make his OPINION known and his OPINION is purely subjective.
Hi

How on earth do you know he used an insecure method?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How on earth do you know he used an insecure method?
It was reported by the former French ambassador to be the case.

Quote --- "France's former ambassador to the US has criticized the ousted British Ambassador, saying he should have known 'nothing would remain secret.'

Gerard Araud, who stepped down earlier this year, said he dispatched similar memos to Sir Kim Darroch's, who resigned on Wednesday, but 'sent them in a most confidential manner.'". SNIP" Araud told the New York Times: 'Yes, yes, everyone does [send cables like that]. But fortunately I knew that nothing would remain secret, so I sent them in a most confidential manner.'" --- close_quote.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

13-07-2019, 11:58 AM

It was reported by the former French ambassador to be the case.

Quote --- "France's former ambassador to the US has criticized the ousted British Ambassador, saying he should have known 'nothing would remain secret.'

Gerard Araud, who stepped down earlier this year, said he dispatched similar memos to Sir Kim Darroch's, who resigned on Wednesday, but 'sent them in a most confidential manner.'". SNIP" Araud told the New York Times: 'Yes, yes, everyone does [send cables like that]. But fortunately I knew that nothing would remain secret, so I sent them in a most confidential manner.'" --- close_quote.
That doesn't prove anything.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by JJ50 ->
That doesn't prove anything.
Err, actually it does.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Something to look forward to then. Just don't talk to me about life. It's awful.

BTW ---- are you aquatinted with the works of Douglas Adams? While having something of a cult following (I wrote CULT) his Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy can be fun if you have a certain type of sense of humour.
I'm sorry for you that you feel this way about life.

Thanks for the tip. I knew the book by the title, not the author. Had to look him up. From his quotes I gather his books might be fun. I'll take out a copy from the library to find out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-07-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I'm sorry for you that you feel this way about life.

Thanks for the tip. I knew the book by the title, not the author. Had to look him up. From his quotes I gather his books might be fun. I'll take out a copy from the library to find out.
Not my outlook on life, a quote from Marvin the Paranoid Android.

You'll meet him in Hitchhikers.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

13-07-2019, 01:31 PM

Err, actually it does.
In your opinion.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top