Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:03 AM

Re: F.A.O.Artangel!

Feeing a bit fed up at the moment... l went to the surgery on Monday, to have the stitches taken out.
I knew by the expression on the nurse’s face as she viewed my knee and her emailing her colleague, l wasn’t going to get them taken out.

The practice senior nurse, entered the room, looked at it and her face had the same expression. In fact, l thought l would see a circular saw appear and whirr into action!

They both agreed, that one area of the gash has not healed and l have to go back on Friday.
I even had to do my pretend tears to get an appointment, as there were no pre bookable appointments left.
That would have meant, ringing up at 8am on Friday morning, be in a queue of around 25 calls for twenty minutes and then be told, ‘Sorry we don’t have any appointments left for today.

No, a few pretend tears always does the trick!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Glad it's healing well Arty.....what an adventure one you could well have done without!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Glad it's healing well Arty.....what an adventure one you could well have done without!
Thank You, summer.
I was concerned that not having the stitches out at 10 days could be detrimental to the wound and my health. When l (hopefully) have them out on Friday, it will be two weeks since they were done.
I imagined, l would get Sepsis or something worse but they reassured me that leaving the stitches in for longer, is fine.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 01:59 PM

Art - if they had seen any signs of sepsis they would not have let you leave - not without treatment anyway!

How to spot sepsis in adults
Seek medical help urgently if you (or another adult) develop any of these signs:

Slurred speech or confusion
Extreme shivering or muscle pain
Passing no urine (in a day)
Severe breathlessness
It feels like you’re going to die
Skin mottled or discoloured
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 10:43 AM

Hope they are able to come out tomorrow and it’s healing ok.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Art - if they had seen any signs of sepsis they would not have let you leave - not without treatment anyway!

How to spot sepsis in adults
Seek medical help urgently if you (or another adult) develop any of these signs:

Slurred speech or confusion
Extreme shivering or muscle pain
Passing no urine (in a day)
Severe breathlessness
It feels like you’re going to die
Skin mottled or discoloured
Thank You, ST. I must remember that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hope they are able to come out tomorrow and it’s healing ok.
Jazzi, You are kind to think of me. Thank You.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Feeing a bit fed up at the moment... l went to the surgery on Monday, to have the stitches taken out.
I knew by the expression on the nurse’s face as she viewed my knee and her emailing her colleague, l wasn’t going to get them taken out.

The practice senior nurse, entered the room, looked at it and her face had the same expression. In fact, l thought l would see a circular saw appear and whirr into action!

They both agreed, that one area of the gash has not healed and l have to go back on Friday.
I even had to do my pretend tears to get an appointment, as there were no pre bookable appointments left.
That would have meant, ringing up at 8am on Friday morning, be in a queue of around 25 calls for twenty minutes and then be told, ‘Sorry we don’t have any appointments left for today.

No, a few pretend tears always does the trick!
As every woman knows Art!

Hope all goes well today and that you get your stitches removed (by a nurse, not realspeed).
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:49 AM

deleted
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:54 AM

yes one has to make sure a wound has fully healed before removing stitches. That requires not only where the wound is but the surrounding area as well.

I am saying no more*******

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top