Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:33 PM

Smells of Yesteryear

Whilst out shopping in B & M today I spotted something that took me right back to my childhood and just had to buy it. What was that Lion Queen I hear you say, well it was some shampoo called VOSENE.

It took me right back to my mum washing my hair and that distinctive smell and I got all emotional.

I've used it tonight and it doesn't quite smell the same but it still does have a hint of it.

Fancy getting emotional over a bottle of shampoo, I'm a right softie me.

I also remember the smell of Mums panstick makeup she used to use. Also Belair Hair Lacquer. She smelled of Coty L'Aimant and Tweed.

What smells takes you back and remind you of your Mum.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:39 PM

Re: Smells of Yesteryear

Burnt food
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Burnt food
LOL Ray, that made me literally laugh out loud. I gather your mam couldn't cook then haha
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:44 PM

I remember Vosene too, Queenie. I seem to remember it was either green, or in a green bottle? It was supposed to be for dandruff wasn't it?

I also remember the Coty L'Aimant and Panstick and Tweed.
Gosh those names take me back.
All happy memories of misspent youth though, so that's fine.

I also remember my Mum always used Avon smellies called "To a Wild Rose." She always liked that one.

My Nan always liked the smell of Lily of the Valley.

Happy days ey.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I remember Vosene too, Queenie. I seem to remember it was either green, or in a green bottle? It was supposed to be for dandruff wasn't it?

I also remember the Coty L'Aimant and Panstick and Tweed.
Gosh those names take me back.
All happy memories of misspent youth though, so that's fine.

I also remember my Mum always used Avon smellies called "To a Wild Rose." She always liked that one.

My Nan always liked the smell of Lily of the Valley.

Happy days ey.
Yes, Vosene was in a green bottle and still is today but it looks a bit different.

Ah, yes, Lily of the Valley was a popular perfume back i' day.

Happy days indeed Mupsy.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	vosene.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	10239  
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:53 PM

Pears soap
Dettol
Dream Topping (on everything!!!)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Pears soap
Dettol
Dream Topping (on everything!!!)
oh aye, Dettol, I should have remembered that as Dad bought a big bottle this morning, it was £3.50!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:18 PM

Many of those mentioned above.
Coty face powder that my mother used. Also, Avon Honeysuckle perfume, she loved.
Dettol smell when the midwife came when my sisters were born.
Jeyes Fluid because my mom used to put in the water when she washed us in the sink, each evening.
We used to say, ‘Mom, it’s stinging me’ but she would answer, ‘Shut Up, it’s killing the germs’!
The smell of Germolene antiseptic cream.

The smell of grocer shops. It was sort of fruity mixed with something else.
The smell of the bakers over the road where we collected our fresh bread.
The sweet smell of the meadow with all the wild flowers on the common where we used to play. You never smell it now

The smell of that red soap in the toilets at school, ? Carbolic.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:24 PM

The smell of fire, someone always had one on the go, especially if you lived near allotments.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Whilst out shopping in B & M today I spotted something that took me right back to my childhood and just had to buy it. What was that Lion Queen I hear you say, well it was some shampoo called VOSENE.

It took me right back to my mum washing my hair and that distinctive smell and I got all emotional.

I've used it tonight and it doesn't quite smell the same but it still does have a hint of it.

Fancy getting emotional over a bottle of shampoo, I'm a right softie me.

I also remember the smell of Mums panstick makeup she used to use. Also Belair Hair Lacquer. She smelled of Coty L'Aimant and Tweed.

What smells takes you back and remind you of your Mum.
Bloody 'ell your mum isn't my mum too is she? She also used panstick and Bel-Air hair lacquer (the stuff in the squeezy bottle).

Didn't know you could still get Vosene (the medicated shampoo), good for when we had nits.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top