Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 04:24 PM

Red Admiral taking flower nectar

First one I have seen this year. Still got the shot with contending against the wind

original photo

Nikon D810 and Nikon af-s 24-70mm f2.8 G lens

Just shows how much detail can be kept ,even with sever cropping
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 06:57 AM

Re: Red Admiral taking flower nectar

That is so lovely, Realspeed. Thank you.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

First one I have seen this year. Still got the shot with contending against the wind

original photo

Nikon D810 and Nikon af-s 24-70mm f2.8 G lens

Just shows how much detail can be kept ,even with sever cropping
Beautiful set of photos -- such lovely detail
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 05:49 PM

Thank you both for the nice comments
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:31 PM

I would like to see the EXIF files for this one RS. It is probably my monitor, but it looks very soft to me?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

20-07-2019, 01:45 AM

I didn't save it on my computer so don't have the exif data. Sorry. All I can say is the closeup was a crop of the lower one and size increased considerably. Wind was a big problem with the flower head swaying a couple of inches each way. This butterfly only there for about a minute or so by the time I got outside and the first of its type all year

More a case of grabbing any camera with a lens to hand from indoors and rushing outside while it was still there.

It is ok if one has time to compose with a macro lens and everything still and staying there, the ideal situation, but this was far from it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top