Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 09:30 PM

Osteoarthritis!

Any one else have it? Where? What do you take for it?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 10:03 PM

Re: Osteoarthritis!

Have had it in one of my knees for some time...take Glucosamine and Sulphate (cant take it with Chondroitin-upsets my stomach) - one a day and also Cod Liver Oil tablets-one a day. Feel they do help. Always seems worse in the cold weather. The doctor offered me some strong pain killers, but I'm not one to take tablets unless I really need to so trying to avoid taking them. Quite a painful at times though.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Don't have it DM but I know that Seatone capsules are really good for it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 11:52 PM

You'll prob tell me to stop nagging, but joint pain may be an indication of leaky gut (ie caused by diet).

You could try the advice here for a month and see if that helps?

I got really bad pains in my knees a couple years ago, and my dietician friend told me to treat for leaky gut... felt much better!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2009, 02:17 AM

Azz, thank you for that link, but definitely osteo! Diagnosed via x-ray in hospital in '97; I though it was tendinitis till I had a really bad flare-up and went to the ER. It's in each of my thumbs, and has recently spread into my left wrist. it's been controlled for years with glucosamine chondroitin and Lyprinol (green mussel extract.) But have had several really nasty flare-ups this Summer (hurting like the very devil now!),so suspect I'm going to have to see a rheumatologist. I was hoping someone might have experience with a really potent OTC remedy ..... I do not like to take strong pain killers.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2009, 07:39 AM

Have you looked at rosehip?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Wow, very helpful and informative link, DM, thanks! I hadn't come across that in any of my Google searches; will definitely give it a try!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Azz, thank you for that link, but definitely osteo! Diagnosed via x-ray in hospital in '97; I though it was tendinitis till I had a really bad flare-up and went to the ER. It's in each of my thumbs, and has recently spread into my left wrist. it's been controlled for years with glucosamine chondroitin and Lyprinol (green mussel extract.) But have had several really nasty flare-ups this Summer (hurting like the very devil now!),so suspect I'm going to have to see a rheumatologist. I was hoping someone might have experience with a really potent OTC remedy ..... I do not like to take strong pain killers.
Lyprinol is a brand name for the mussel extract I mentioned with Seatone DM.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-10-2009, 08:21 PM

I forgot to say I'm trying something new: hyluronic acid, 20 mg, which is supposed to increase the production of synovial fluid in the joints. Can't really tell if it's working yet or not; haven't been on it long.
nero
Central Scotland

09-10-2009, 09:15 PM

Any fish oil is good for joint lubrication, cod liver oil capsules are one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top