Join for free
Page 26 of 276 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 06:02 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Fingers crossed Ffosse!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 06:15 PM

Thanks, AnnieS
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 09:48 PM

I must be prepared to accept it whether it is good or bad news.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:10 PM

I asked a Chinese acquaintance whether the Year of the Dog was destined to be a good year or a bad year. She said "they are all good years". I think that's Tao'ist philosophy.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:49 PM

I've just been talking to the wife of our friend who is currently receiving radio therapy treatment in the Edinburgh hospital. Richard started his treatment in the latter part of last week, but was allowed to come home for the weekend. He went back to hospital this morning and will be there all week, then home again for the weekend.

Evidently he is very impressed with the hospital. He is in a two bed room, with TV etc, he says the food is so good he thinks he'll stay there permanently.

He has treatment all this week, home at the weekend and then back for a further week, that will conclude his treatment. Further scans are not then scheduled until May. Why such a long gap I don't know.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better Ffosse and hope when you get your news it will all be good.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I've just been talking to the wife of our friend who is currently receiving radio therapy treatment in the Edinburgh hospital. Richard started his treatment in the latter part of last week, but was allowed to come home for the weekend. He went back to hospital this morning and will be there all week, then home again for the weekend.

Evidently he is very impressed with the hospital. He is in a two bed room, with TV etc, he says the food is so good he thinks he'll stay there permanently.

He has treatment all this week, home at the weekend and then back for a further week, that will conclude his treatment. Further scans are not then scheduled until May. Why such a long gap I don't know.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better Ffosse and hope when you get your news it will all be good.
Thank you, yes I do feel better and the radio therapy department excells at that hospital as does the food. I very much hope your friend gets better quickly.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-02-2018, 12:42 PM

Nothing quite refreshes like a bath....in hospital it was sit down showers, which, while they got you clean are never as nice as a bath.

Now that I've had my bath, I'm going to attempt a gentle walk down to our Botanics perhaps take some photos.

It's nice outside and not cold.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Carpe diem! I'm about to take a walk, appreciating nature in all its glory.

Test results forgotten for today.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

20-02-2018, 05:18 PM

I forgot to take my phone with me and didn't realise until halfway there; still I persisted and had a nice walk, listening to music on my watch. I guess the watch has replaced my iPod shuffle of the past.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I forgot to take my phone with me and didn't realise until halfway there; still I persisted and had a nice walk, listening to music on my watch. I guess the watch has replaced my iPod shuffle of the past.

Music? On a watch?

Good God man, I never even knew such a thing existed.

Glad you got out for a while today too.

Page 26 of 276 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top