Join for free
Page 14 of 21 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:50 PM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
My life must have been too naive all the time. I never had expected that
- The German wall would fall,
- George Bush would have become POTUS,
- The USA really elected a colored president,
- Germany elected a female chancellor,
- The UK voted for BREXIT,
- Russia annected the Krim without punishment
- "you know who" became POTUS (I cannot speak his name, the orange one).

So obviously it was naive to expect D. Frost to comply to the signed agreements.
David frost is not a elected politician, he gets his briefings from boris and cummings. Barnier gets his from EU politicians.
By extension boris is untrustworthy, frost is just his marionet.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The icelanders hadn't sold their fishing rights (to british fishers or any others).
Then there is the present fishing problem: the UK would like full access to the EU market to sell its fish there, but in return the EU wants full access for its boats to fish in UK waters. British negotiators say that's not possible because the UK is now an independent coastal state.
The UK government says becoming an independent coastal state after Brexit will give it the right to decide "who fishes in our waters and on what terms".
But, as we all know, a significant portion of the existing UK quota is already in foreign hands.
But Dr Emma Cardwell, from the University of Glasgow, told the BBC that an enforced change in ownership would be "legally tricky" for the government.
Many parts of the quota were sold by English fishermen in the 1990s when fishing rights were cut dramatically. Cod fishing, for instance, was almost entirely stopped for several years.
Foreign companies then bought it up as a long-term investment, and experts say the quota market has been allowed to develop in an unregulated way ever since.
"There's a lack of clarity on the legal status of fishing rights," Dr Cardwell said, "meaning the government is very vulnerable to litigation if it tries to reallocate quota.
"Any foreign fishing companies that purchased UK quota in good faith would be very likely to sue if this was now taken away from them."

Solasch, let me explain it in simple terms. British waters return to British control on 1st January at 00.01 minute past midnight. All of your pathetic threats and demands will not change that fact.

How dare you assume you are still entitled to retain your current extremely privileged access to British waters,. Yes, admittedly conceded by that snake then running our country, Edward Heath and his negotiators, who used our Fishing industry as a bargaining chip for entry into your rotten, corrupt EU. He and his government didn’t place the same premium on our Fishing Industry as other countries did (most notably, Spain). This utter betrayal by Heath is finally coming to an end. The stench of the CFP with its over fishing and bad management will forever be stuck in the throats of our once proud Fishing Fleet, which was decimated by 60% and ripped the heart out of their communities. Every person who had to stand and watch as fishing communities were destroyed forever, will be rejoicing on 1st January when you will obey our rules and regulations regarding fishing rights, but governed by our own fishing management in future, instead of the EU with their disgraceful CFP policy, which frankly, has for the past 40 odd years, been nothing short of a circus.

We all know the mantra of the EU -’’ Equal access to a common resource’’ - trouble is., it wasn’t, was it? It stopped us managing our right to manage our own waters. The EU gave grants to country’s like yours to build more powerful boats and caused minimum market prices which stopped market gluts and low prices, halting over supply.
The EU caused the problem and then the idiots implemented quotas which do not work in mixed fisheries. How the hell do fishermen determine which species of fish they catch? We all know quotas led to illegal landings and the mass discarding of fish.THIS is what caused overfishing and forced fishermen to overfish and catch MORE than necessary to find what they could keep!.
And then to add insult to injury, when the atrocious EU set the quotas, the UK only received 25% of fishing even though it is our waters that contributed half the sea area and catches.
How the EU must have chuckled at such a prize.

With our fishermen being deprived of their livelihoods, along with EU-funded over capacity and their disgraceful failed quota system. The EU, and they alone, are responsible for the death of over half of our British fishing fleet.

You don’t fool me or many others with your repeated demands for the same rights. Boris knows better than to ever give into your failed CFP system. No way will he ever appease your small minority of powerful vested-interests who are desperate to keep the same system. Time you accepted this simple fact.
From day one when Heath betrayed us, the EU quota policy was nothing but a sly and disgusting way of getting rid of British fleets to make way for an EU fleet, ruled of course, by the EU Codfathers policy.

You never give your view on how you would feel if the same betrayal had been heaped upon your fishing fleets in the Netherlands. All we ever seem to read is your mockery and more threats. It would be interesting to know if your reaction would be any different to ours and our Government. I would be interested to have your view.

Regardless, I look forward with relish to being one of the first to be at the front of the queue holding up a nice glass of British bubbly on day one when our fishing grounds truly once again belong to us, Britain,, a fully independent coastal nation once again. If any EU fishing fleets carry out their threats of trouble instead of obeying the law and following our new rules marked on fresh paper in new ink….So be it, Bring it on, We have faced far worse in our lifetime.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:52 PM

Hm, thank You again for your explanation. I must admit that I do not use words like "Frogs" when I talk about foreign people. It somehow does not seem appropriate to me because I cannot see characteristics in a people which would justify such a perception for me personally.

We have words like that in German to, like "Froschfresser" or "Spaghettifresser" which mean "frog eater" and "spaghetti eater" but they are considered mean and I think that they are not used frequently in "educated conversation".

But besides that what I really would like to know: where does that bad perception of M. Barnier come from? My French ist too poor to understand his interviews which is why I listen to them in English.
He does not seem threatening to me. Demanding - yes when it comes to sticking to the signed agreements.

So why the "hatred"?
Frogs? Nothing personal. The British soldiers in the First World War always referred to them as Frogs and I have little doubt that the term was probably in use long before that.

The word 'Frogs' in itself isn't used in hatred, though personally I do not like the Frogs so in my case perhaps it is. On the other hand, I like and have the greatest respect for Germans (yes, we have names for you too!). It's all about how people respond to us in my opinion.

With regard to my opinion (and no doubt that of others) of Barmier, well, I think you'd need to have listened to all the events that have taken place since we first showed an intention of leaving the EU.
He and others in Brussels treated our representatives, notably Cameron (admittedly deservedly) and May (also deservedly), on the assumption that they were beneath his contempt.
He continues to demand and demand, yet offers nothing. Many of us, in fact I'm sure the vast majority are sick of his attitude and would much prefer us to leave without any agreement and without any payment for nothing.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Solasch, let me explain it in simple terms. British waters return to British control on 1st January at 00.01 minute past midnight. All of your pathetic threats and demands will not change that fact.

How dare you assume you are still entitled to retain your current extremely privileged access to British waters,. Yes, admittedly conceded by that snake then running our country, Edward Heath and his negotiators, who used our Fishing industry as a bargaining chip for entry into your rotten, corrupt EU. He and his government didn’t place the same premium on our Fishing Industry as other countries did (most notably, Spain). This utter betrayal by Heath is finally coming to an end. The stench of the CFP with its over fishing and bad management will forever be stuck in the throats of our once proud Fishing Fleet, which was decimated by 60% and ripped the heart out of their communities. Every person who had to stand and watch as fishing communities were destroyed forever, will be rejoicing on 1st January when you will obey our rules and regulations regarding fishing rights, but governed by our own fishing management in future, instead of the EU with their disgraceful CFP policy, which frankly, has for the past 40 odd years, been nothing short of a circus.

We all know the mantra of the EU -’’ Equal access to a common resource’’ - trouble is., it wasn’t, was it? It stopped us managing our right to manage our own waters. The EU gave grants to country’s like yours to build more powerful boats and caused minimum market prices which stopped market gluts and low prices, halting over supply.
The EU caused the problem and then the idiots implemented quotas which do not work in mixed fisheries. How the hell do fishermen determine which species of fish they catch? We all know quotas led to illegal landings and the mass discarding of fish.THIS is what caused overfishing and forced fishermen to overfish and catch MORE than necessary to find what they could keep!.
And then to add insult to injury, when the atrocious EU set the quotas, the UK only received 25% of fishing even though it is our waters that contributed half the sea area and catches.
How the EU must have chuckled at such a prize.

With our fishermen being deprived of their livelihoods, along with EU-funded over capacity and their disgraceful failed quota system. The EU, and they alone, are responsible for the death of over half of our British fishing fleet.

You don’t fool me or many others with your repeated demands for the same rights. Boris knows better than to ever give into your failed CFP system. No way will he ever appease your small minority of powerful vested-interests who are desperate to keep the same system. Time you accepted this simple fact.
From day one when Heath betrayed us, the EU quota policy was nothing but a sly and disgusting way of getting rid of British fleets to make way for an EU fleet, ruled of course, by the EU Codfathers policy.

You never give your view on how you would feel if the same betrayal had been heaped upon your fishing fleets in the Netherlands. All we ever seem to read is your mockery and more threats. It would be interesting to know if your reaction would be any different to ours and our Government. I would be interested to have your view.

Regardless, I look forward with relish to being one of the first to be at the front of the queue holding up a nice glass of British bubbly on day one when our fishing grounds truly once again belong to us, Britain,, a fully independent coastal nation once again. If any EU fishing fleets carry out their threats of trouble instead of obeying the law and following our new rules marked on fresh paper in new ink….So be it, Bring it on, We have faced far worse in our lifetime.
Your usual brilliance...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Your usual brilliance...
Hear hear!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The icelanders hadn't sold their fishing rights (to british fishers or any others).
Then there is the present fishing problem: the UK would like full access to the EU market to sell its fish there, but in return the EU wants full access for its boats to fish in UK waters. British negotiators say that's not possible because the UK is now an independent coastal state.
The UK government says becoming an independent coastal state after Brexit will give it the right to decide "who fishes in our waters and on what terms".
But, as we all know, a significant portion of the existing UK quota is already in foreign hands.
But Dr Emma Cardwell, from the University of Glasgow, told the BBC that an enforced change in ownership would be "legally tricky" for the government

Many parts of the quota were sold by English fishermen in the 1990s when fishing rights were cut dramatically. Cod fishing, for instance, was almost entirely stopped for several years.
Foreign companies then bought it up as a long-term investment, and experts say the quota market has been allowed to develop in an unregulated way ever since.
"There's a lack of clarity on the legal status of fishing rights," Dr Cardwell said, "meaning the government is very vulnerable to litigation if it tries to reallocate quota.
"Any foreign fishing companies that purchased UK quota in good faith would be very likely to sue if this was now taken away from them."

As I explained to you in Post 62 of the thread "Barnier caves in over Fishing"

Boris has absolutely no intention of attempting to take back the foreign fishing boats, and the imminent threat of courts, Instead he is going to make it MUCH harder for you in other ways as he knows there will be many who will not play by the fair rules. So, every boat will have to first have economic ties with British Ports, i.e you will land 60% of your catch there to enable British fishing communities to gain, and 60% of your crew will have to be British in order to be allowed to fish in our waters.
So please stop with the gloating over foreign owned vessels. There are ways and means of really hurting your fishing fleets if we so wish without buying back one of them!
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Frogs? Nothing personal. The British soldiers in the First World War always referred to them as Frogs and I have little doubt that the term was probably in use long before that.

The word 'Frogs' in itself isn't used in hatred, though personally I do not like the Frogs so in my case perhaps it is. On the other hand, I like and have the greatest respect for Germans (yes, we have names for you too!). It's all about how people respond to us in my opinion.

With regard to my opinion (and no doubt that of others) of Barmier, well, I think you'd need to have listened to all the events that have taken place since we first showed an intention of leaving the EU.
He and others in Brussels treated our representatives, notably Cameron (admittedly deservedly) and May (also deservedly), on the assumption that they were beneath his contempt.
He continues to demand and demand, yet offers nothing. Many of us, in fact I'm sure the vast majority are sick of his attitude and would much prefer us to leave without any agreement and without any payment for nothing.
Thanks again for your lecture and your patience I guess that - for a non UK resident - in the end it is impossible to fully comprehend what drove people of the UK into that anger.

I would like to tell you something about your PM that puzzeled me.
In a parliament session which I saw online in about late 2019 he was asked what he was negotiating about in Brussels. He said something like "this is privileged information as we are negotiating secretly. But Corbyns proposal is bulls**t because...".

Then another PM asked "ok, who are you negotiating with in Brussels?". He answered exactly the same.

Then the third PM asked "ok, I asked Merkel, Macron and all the others. No one knows about negotiations with you. What is going on?"

He answered the same for a third time. After that there was no protest or something similar. Everybody just followed parliament protocol and that was it.

I have seen him acting like this several times in parliament sessions.
Strange beaviour...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Your usual brilliance...
You play in the same class....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-06-2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear!
Someone has to play for audience...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-06-2020, 10:30 PM

Thanks again for your lecture and your patience I guess that - for a non UK resident - in the end it is impossible to fully comprehend what drove people of the UK into that anger.

I would like to tell you something about your PM that puzzeled me.
In a parliament session which I saw online in about late 2019 he was asked what he was negotiating about in Brussels. He said something like "this is privileged information as we are negotiating secretly. But Corbyns proposal is bulls**t because...".

Then another PM asked "ok, who are you negotiating with in Brussels?". He answered exactly the same.

Then the third PM asked "ok, I asked Merkel, Macron and all the others. No one knows about negotiations with you. What is going on?"

He answered the same for a third time. After that there was no protest or something similar. Everybody just followed parliament protocol and that was it.

I have seen him acting like this several times in parliament sessions.
Strange beaviour...
Thank you for enlightening me. This is indeed strange. I have heard nothing like it before.

Page 14 of 21 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top