Join for free
Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:35 AM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Is that an argument to say there is no fta? Doesn't it depend on what both parties agree to cover in their fta? It is possible to exclude certain products from a fta. For instance the EU japan fta doesn't cover cars. Hence under wto conditions there are tariffs..

Bit its not agreed is it. Its not complete ... more EU false claims and propaganda.

You fell for it !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Canadians and americans, even poles, came to liberate the netherlands. The english gave the netherlands a pass after the cock up of market garden by montgomery. He thought it would be like a trip to the market or a stroll in the garden untill he met a ss tank division.

But tell me, why is the UK beggin' to keep access to the SIS database?
This is not on topic. For this I apologise to all, but in answer to Solasch and his slur on our fine fighting forces from WW2.

You have some gall! In fact, I would say that you wouldn't have been fit to polish even one of those brave British soldiers who were fighting and dying for YOUR freedom.
This insult from a person whose country surrendered to the Germans in 1940. So no Dutch troops fighting and dying trying to save the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.

You shame yourself with your slur..
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
This is not on topic. For this I apologise to all, but in answer to Solasch and his slur on our fine fighting forces from WW2.

You have some gall! In fact, I would say that you wouldn't have been fit to polish even one of those brave British soldiers who were fighting and dying for YOUR freedom.
This insult from a person whose country surrendered to the Germans in 1940. So no Dutch troops fighting and dying trying to save the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.

Hollands involvement in defending themselves in the 2nd world war.

What a day that was
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Interesting, but I wonder if you or anyone else can answer a question.
Our waters in the Channel appear to recede off Belgium almost up to our coast at Dover, whereas in the rest of the Channel (except at the Channel Islands) it is half-way between us and the European mainland.
Perhaps it's a slight inaccuracy in the map but, if not, why should there exist this small anomaly?
I hadn't noticed that but, if the EU's trawlers want to fish in what is probably the most dangerous stretch of maritime water in the world, I'd be inclined to let them. I doubt they'd last long out there with all the heavy weight container shipping and ferries using it 24/7.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 04:00 PM

Well said Shrops........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 04:32 PM

I agree completely.

If I were young and able, I think I would refuse to join up if it involved defending France, Belgium or Holland from a future aggressor.

Although it it now over seventy years later, they should at least show some politeness toward our forefathers who gave their lives doing what their own armed forces couldn't, or wouldn't do.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 05:27 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...no-deal-brexit

Ha, knew all along.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Ha, knew all along.

Yes, I've been saying ever since he began his demands and threats that the Frogs are full of bluster, until they come up with someone who stands up to them and then they soon back down.
It's their national character!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Ha, knew all along.
Dont you believe it cinders!
What Barnier said and offered was only a way to transfer blame
from him to the uk for a nodeal brexit?
He actually offered us nothing as under a no deal we shall no be
tied to ECJ rules anyway?
You will notice he never mentioned fishing at all, why was this?
Its because hat is really what his is all about and he is trying to
make it seem a side issue, when it is actually the central issue!!
Just more smoke and mirrors imo?

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔🤔👎
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-06-2020, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Dont you believe it cinders!
What Barnier said and offered was only a way to transfer blame
from him to the uk for a nodeal brexit?
He actually offered us nothing as under a no deal we shall no be
tied to ECJ rules anyway?

You will notice he never mentioned fishing at all, why was this?
Its because hat is really what his is all about and he is trying to
make it seem a side issue, when it is actually the central issue!!
Just more smoke and mirrors imo?
Hopefully, you intended to write not be tied to ECJ rules. If we were, I'd be concerned that we'd be as much under their control as if we made a deal with the EU, which is why I'd much prefer a no-deal exit with absolutely no ties to the EU.

Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top