Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 11:33 AM

Re: The vaccine passport

I was given a card with all the info of my vaccination on. I keep it in my purse so if I go out anywhere I will have it on me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 11:49 AM

There may not be 'vaccine passports ' in the UK but I understand there is an NHS national register of those who have been vaccinated so it may be possible for people who wish to know to check that .

I think not having had the vaccination will become self limiting, many types of holiday accommodation (and Cruises ) will require people to have been vaccinated .

Those who have not been vaccinate may find it very difficult to obtain any form of holiday insurance .
If someone states they have been vaccinate when they have not and it can be proved that would make them liable to legal action.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 01:44 PM

sorry vaccine passports I know its serious but I keep thinking of dogs.

If your dog hasnt been vaccinated and you cant produce his/her pasport there is no chance of finding a training class, a boarding kennel, a hydrotherpay or indoor pool that will take them, some groomers are now even asking for up to date passports before they will see dogs simply because of the risks of unvaccinated dogs passing diseases on to others.

Is this our future?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 01:44 PM

I very much fear that in time the Government will make it almost impossible for non-compliant people to shop, go to pubs, theatres etc. without some proof of toeing the party line. On the other hand, they will be in a dilemma where Asian and black people are concerned, as many of them seem to be refusing to be jabbed - and they won't be able to offend them or restrict their lives will they?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Wife and I had our first jabs on Saturday but we didn't get any form of evidence, perhaps we'll get it after the second dose.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
sorry vaccine passports I know its serious but I keep thinking of dogs.

If your dog hasnt been vaccinated and you cant produce his/her pasport there is no chance of finding a training class, a boarding kennel, a hydrotherpay or indoor pool that will take them, some groomers are now even asking for up to date passports before they will see dogs simply because of the risks of unvaccinated dogs passing diseases on to others.

Is this our future?

I really hope not, meaning the groomers bit. My Hairy One gets his coat off 3 times a year. I refuse to over vaccinate my dog, jags for this, that, and the next thing. It's all money making houha for the Vets. Not so long back your dog got his first jag around ten weeks then another two weeks later, and that was it. I've read some real horror stories from people who's dogs have died after yet another jag. Won't happen to my dogs.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...n-on-the-rise/
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I really hope not, meaning the groomers bit. My Hairy One gets his coat off 3 times a year. I refuse to over vaccinate my dog, jags for this, that, and the next thing. It's all money making houha for the Vets. Not so long back your dog got his first jag around ten weeks then another two weeks later, and that was it. I've read some real horror stories from people who's dogs have died after yet another jag. Won't happen to my dogs.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...n-on-the-rise/

sadly yes it is true and sadly I have also read about dogs who died after over vaccination, however if if testing or vaccinations are done on a proper rotating basis they should be safe if lepto vaccinations have to be given every year to be viable. I have also read of a Resurgence of parvovirus attacking older dogs who are not covered by their puppy vaccines.

That brings us to a point if someone is unable to have a vaccine because of religious beliefs or because of serious possibilities of complication how will that leave them in our new vaccine passport world?
I'm not talking about the cuckoo anti-vaxxers.
But what about others who have genuine reasons?
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Wife and I had our first jabs on Saturday but we didn't get any form of evidence, perhaps we'll get it after the second dose.
Nor did we RAY
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 04:58 PM

So it sounds like a compulsory vaccine by the back door then? Fine if you don't want it or get it, but your life will be severely restricted and you will be a social outcast..... (not to sound dramatic at all, though, but they are already doing it in parts of US, and look at China already with its Social Tier system)

P.S BJ says it not required for the pub, so thats alright then
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
sadly yes it is true and sadly I have also read about dogs who died after over vaccination, however if if testing or vaccinations are done on a proper rotating basis they should be safe if lepto vaccinations have to be given every year to be viable. I have also read of a Resurgence of parvovirus attacking older dogs who are not covered by their puppy vaccines.

That brings us to a point if someone is unable to have a vaccine because of religious beliefs or because of serious possibilities of complication how will that leave them in our new vaccine passport world?
I'm not talking about the cuckoo anti-vaxxers.
But what about others who have genuine reasons?
Re those with religious beliefs.
Quite a lot return to their country of origin for holidays or to visit family, even to attend a funeral so yes what about them ?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top