Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:27 AM

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You seem to forget that democracy also encompasses freedom of expression. A freedom utilised by eurosceptics the moment we joined the EEC/EU
Hi

Nope, you are wrong on that one.

Democracy is important.

We voted Leave, that has to be respected.

I am not a Boris supporter.

I think he is a lying, opportunistic git.

It was his job to deliver on the Referendum.

He did that.

Did he do it well?

Nope, a disaster, but the important thing is that he did what we plebs voted for.

That is Democracy. it is important to me.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, you are wrong on that one.

Democracy is important.

We voted Leave, that has to be respected.

I am not a Boris supporter.

I think he is a lying, opportunistic git.

It was his job to deliver on the Referendum.

He did that.

Did he do it well?

Nope, a disaster, but the important thing is that he did what we plebs voted for.

That is Democracy. it is important to me.
That is an interesting stance, very honest at least.

I am glad that we do not have referendums in Germany. By that we do not get desasters delivered, only because the plebs wanted it.

However, very good that you received what was voted for. (thumb up)
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Democracy also encompasses the ability to replace leaders who the people don't want. Freedom of expression is one thing, being ignored and dictated to is something completely different.
Yes it does and also I agree with you that the current U.K. government is ignoring and dictating to the public, an example of which is pushing through the new Fire Safety Act without listening to those materially affected by that law.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->

I am glad that we do not have referendums in Germany. By that we do not get desasters delivered, only because the plebs wanted it.

Hi

Thank you for that.

I hold you in the highest esteem, a very thoughtful articulate poster.

I had absolutely no problem with the Single Market and Common Customs Union.

I had a huge problem with further Integration, so Voted Leave.

I hope you prosper, in the same way I hope we prosper.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:56 AM

Yes it does and also I agree with you that the current U.K. government is ignoring and dictating to the public, an example of which is pushing through the new Fire Safety Act without listening to those materially affected by that law.
The EU is even worse - the people can't remove the leadership. We have our chance every 4 years
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thank you for that.

I hold you in the highest esteem, a very thoughtful articulate poster.

I had absolutely no problem with the Single Market and Common Customs Union.

I had a huge problem with further Integration, so Voted Leave.

I hope you prosper, in the same way I hope we prosper.
Thank you for your wise words and for your compliment. You know, this is the way I would like to discuss things, calm, polite, respectful. No offences, no spite, no insults.

The thing is that I (as probably many or even most people in the EU) see huge potential and need for EU reforms. I have never seen someone say the EU was perfect.

However somtimes in groups, they will not listen to you and/or take you seriously, until you leave. That wakes people up.

Concerning SM and CU, we will probably never really *know* why this was always out of the question from the UKs side and why the government never wanted it. It would have made things a lot easier I guess.

Let us wait one or two years, I am sure that then we all will see a more definitife picture of the Brexit outcome.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:34 PM

Thank you for your wise words and for your compliment. You know, this is the way I would like to discuss things, calm, polite, respectful. No offences, no spite, no insults.

The thing is that I (as probably many or even most people in the EU) see huge potential and need for EU reforms. I have never seen someone say the EU was perfect.

However somtimes in groups, they will not listen to you and/or take you seriously, until you leave. That wakes people up.

Concerning SM and CU, we will probably never really *know* why this was always out of the question from the UKs side and why the government never wanted it. It would have made things a lot easier I guess.

Let us wait one or two years, I am sure that then we all will see a more definitife picture of the Brexit outcome.

Originally, leaving the EU and remaining in the SM/CU was what was promised (I think it was david davis and boris who said so). But then came theresa may and the backstop. The backstop (remaining SM/CU alive) was interpreted as a brino, so real brexit was breaking away from those trade solutions.

In two years time, at elections, labour will try to make the tory party own up to their brexit as the reason they became the son of the poor man of europe.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:40 PM

You seem to forget that democracy also encompasses freedom of expression. A freedom utilised by eurosceptics the moment we joined the EEC/EU
I agree. Nothing wrong with peaceful protestation, and the remoaners are taking full advantage of that.

Anyway, as long as it keeps them happy!
Germany

30-04-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Originally, leaving the EU and remaining in the SM/CU was what was promised (I think it was david davis and boris who said so). But then came theresa may and the backstop. The backstop (remaining SM/CU alive) was interpreted as a brino, so real brexit was breaking away from those trade solutions.

In two years time, at elections, labour will try to make the tory party own up to their brexit as the reason they became the son of the poor man of europe.
Yes, I remember the discussions. The current NI border "solution" was something "no PM would ever agree to" wrote the media then.
I find it a bit surprising how quiet the people of the UK are in the view of those (in my view big) promises that where not fulfilled. You know which I mean. B. Johnson still leading the polls - interesting and for me unexpected.

Now that we have been watching the negotians for some years, I dare to claim that the EU will not reduce the red tape or make the single market acces any easier for the UK to remain fair towards the other non EU member countries.
If that holds true, then the UK will I think inevitably have to replace a huge portion of the EU market by new markets.
We all hope of course that the UK will not become "sick" again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:48 PM

Really? I'm surprised about that. You are not given the opportunity to express your collective wishes to your rulers?

I know that the EU is not really a democracy: the ruling organisation - the Commission - is not elected by the people, at least not directly.

Hopefully, when Germany leaves the EU (and, yes, it has been talked about by your own MEPs), you too may again have a democratically elected government of your own.

I do hope it happens and, if so, I'm pleased that we've encouraged and helped to facilitate it.

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top