Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:31 PM

Re: Another Blow for Scottish Independence

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I would have expected you to be sympathetic towards those wanting independence, Bread. Their reasons are probably very similar to those of the Brexit supporters. A lot of the Scottish feel the same way about England as you feel about the EU.
Good evening,
I lack deep knowledge about how the Scots feel about membership in the UK compared to feelings about Uks and the former membership of the EU.

Still, as a casual observer, a citizen of the most hated entity, the EU, I would just drop my 2ct of an opinion.
The idea of joining the EU goes with years of negotiations. Although some said, that Scotland is welcome to rejoin the EU, after deep scrutiny I would not be so sure if that inivitation remains.

From what I have learned from the last four years of Brexit I would strongly advise against indiref2 and relying on the idea of rejoining the EU.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311
Good evening,
I lack deep knowledge about how the Scots feel about membership in the UK compared to feelings about Uks and the former membership of the EU.

Still, as a casual observer, a citizen of the most hated entity, the EU, I would just drop my 2ct of an opinion.
The idea of joining the EU goes with years of negotiations. Although some said, that Scotland is welcome to rejoin the EU, after deep scrutiny I would not be so sure if that inivitation remains.

From what I have learned from the last four years of Brexit I would strongly advise against indiref2 and relying on the idea of rejoining the EU.
I was thinking of the sentiment behind the Scottish Independence campaign, rather than the economic wisdom of it, 7779311; or can I call you 77, it seems less formal.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:48 PM

I was thinking of the sentiment behind the Scottish Independence campaign, rather than the economic wisdom of it, 7779311; or can I call you 77, it seems less formal.
Hi, if you like, I am Frank,

The thing is, from my point of view, it ist less than certain that Scotland would be accepted as an EU member. Today it might look like "hey welcome back" but in 4-5 years, after indiref2, in the formal membership process, the numbers might speak for themselves. I would not rely on granted membership as a net receipient.

Moreover, as we all now from all the "experts" in the internet, the EU will be desintegrate, explode, implode, you name it, pretty soon. (irony off)
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Hi, if you like, I am Frank,
Thanks, Frank, but you will always be 77 to me.

The thing is, from my point of view, it ist less than certain that Scotland would be accepted as an EU member. Today it might look like "hey welcome back" but in 4-5 years, after indiref2, in the formal membership process, the numbers might speak for themselves. I would not rely on granted membership as a net receipient.
Couldn't you throw someone out; say Romania, for example, to make room for Scotland?
Germany

09-05-2021, 10:17 PM

Thanks, Frank, but you will always be 77 to me.

Couldn't you throw someone out; say Romania, for example, to make room for Scotland?
I am fine with "77"

Well it is somewhat surprising that the founders of the EU forget to implement a way of throwing out some member if neccessary.

Romania would not be the first name that crosses my mind, it would rather be Germany. Why Germany? Well, our country has been ruled by "christian" parties (those whose name begin with a "C" for "christian").
That is those parties whose members stuffed their bags with millions of Euros in the mask business. "Who wants to be a millionaire", you know.

There are some serious design flaws in the EU and the chance of fundamental reforms is - in my opinion - next to none.
That is why I think that some of the major players should exit to "force" changes/reforms. I am aware that this might be a naive approach, on the other hand, I cannot see another way to get rid of the unanimity which is mandatory in the decision process, e. g. when it comes to throwing Hungry out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:27 PM

Good evening,

I agree.

But re. the emboldened section, I regard you as a German citizen. I have a great respect for the Germans, and I have met many, whereas I have no respect whatsoever for the EU who, in my opinion, are nothing more than would-be bureaucratic rulers of a potential empire.
I think that the Frogs are beginning to see that now, and I'd hazard a guess that many Germans may feel the same.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:40 PM

I'm not sure Scotland would want full membership of EU 777?
More an association just like Jersey's with a case by case
arrangement over trade etc, while still keeping the Scottish pound
as currency of course !!Do you think the EU would be amenable
to something like that ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I'm not sure Scotland would want full membership of EU 777?
More an association just like Jersey's with a case by case
arrangement over trade etc, while still keeping the Scottish pound
as currency of course !!Do you think the EU would be amenable
to something like that ??
The Scottish pound?

Where does the Scottish pound have its backing and support?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:54 PM

I am fine with "77"

Well it is somewhat surprising that the founders of the EU forget to implement a way of throwing out some member if neccessary.

Romania would not be the first name that crosses my mind, it would rather be Germany. Why Germany? Well, our country has been ruled by "christian" parties (those whose name begin with a "C" for "christian").
That is those parties whose members stuffed their bags with millions of Euros in the mask business. "Who wants to be a millionaire", you know.

There are some serious design flaws in the EU and the chance of fundamental reforms is - in my opinion - next to none.
That is why I think that some of the major players should exit to "force" changes/reforms. I am aware that this might be a naive approach, on the other hand, I cannot see another way to get rid of the unanimity which is mandatory in the decision process, e. g. when it comes to throwing Hungry out.
That sounds like you want a Gexit 777 ??
Who would pay the bills then ?
I'm sure France would make sure you payed through the nose to
leave though, just like they did with UK ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:57 PM

There will be no palms to grease after 2030.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top