Join for free
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:57 PM

Neighbours and disputes

Some years ago there was a big argument amongst neighbours here which had to be settled by an official of our HA ,in writing …we all got letters outlining his rules which were ……
1)This is not a play area so ….
visiting grandchildren should not be playing on the quite steep grassy area facing the flats which was part of the land owned by said association because of health and safety reasons .
2)However , visiting grandchildren could play outdoors but under supervision ,which meant no running around causing a nuisance to other tenants.
This was met with anger and regarded as unreasonable by some . Not me because I was one of the complainants .

Now it’s all started up again by the same and most hostile tenant “minding” one of her not of school age great grandchildren so he could be four?
Said child is allowed to run up and down this banking unsupervised , play on his scooter along the front of other tenant’s homes . Some tenants are new and so don’t know about the previous trouble and are encouraging the child ,as some do .
Yesterday I couldn’t go out to sit in the sun because the child was up and down with one of those remote operated cars .
Was I being unreasonable to feel anger towards this woman yet again for allowing this ? She has got “pally” with these newish tenants who actually live half a dozen flats away from hers ,me in the middle .
No doubt she’s waiting to see if I will fire up again .
But I will not .
However ought I to report it ? Of course they will know it’s me again . Am I just mean because I don’t want this annoyance ?
Opinions please .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 06:09 PM

Re: Neighbours and disputes

I can empathise with your situation, Zuleika, living in a similar HA environment which is open to other tenants infringing on our grounds. Normally these things are sorted out by ourselves and not the HA - although they act as mediators when things get heated enough.

How often is the women minding her grandchild? Do you know their routine, in that you could adjust yours to minimise your stress. Have you spoken with her about it? As far as running up and down the embankment, try not to stress yourself over this. Its her responsibility to ensure his safety, let her deal with it. (Unless of course he is making a fair racket with it all)

I would try to discuss it with her first, if that's possible. Take over a cake, pot plant, or some other peace offering to show goodwill (even if you don't feel it). She might be more receptive to any suggestions then. If you go in all guns blazing and being grumpy, it will naturally get her back up and she will not listen to a word you say.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 06:30 PM

Thanks Pixie she's unproachable, has never spoken to me . The authoritarian said not to engage with others personally in disputes.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thanks Pixie she's unproachable, has never spoken to me . The authoritarian said not to engage with others personally in disputes.
Oh ok then...well I guess you might have to go their way then, and report it directly, if that's the rules. I do hope you can get it resolved though, one way or another though without too much animosity.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 06:41 PM

My ex friend lives in a housing association residence...she had the same complaints as you.

Are you be unreasonable “ NO” you pay to be there, you have a right to peace and tranquillity at your age.

Personally I wouldn’t approach the woman, she obviously isn’t listening because she’s at it again.

Report her to the manager.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 07:50 PM

and owner occupied.

The Housing Association are useless.

If they evict someone they then rehouse them in one of the private rents.

The absentee landlords are not bothered as long as they are getting the housing benefit.

There are four families who are the problem and no help is given.

It is a complete waste of time reporting them.

They have asbos, crasbos and regular visits from the Police and then bailed.

Hence the razor wire.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 08:32 PM

Zuleika - would it be worth paying for a Solicitors letter?

I would be inclined to report it to the HA Mediator.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 08:47 PM

It’s very inconsiderate of the parent to inflict their child on everyone.
However children start school in the term they will be 5, unless there are younger siblings this problem could soon resolved itself.

I wouldn’t contact your neighbour face to face or by letter as your description makes them sound unpleasant ,you could find yourself embroiled in a long & bitter verbal abuse long after the problem has ended.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 08:59 PM

Hi

It matters not where you live, inconsiderate neighbours are every where.

You can live in a very expensive house and still have neighbour problems.

The more expensive the area, the more expensive the costs of resolving the issues, they can run into six figures.

They certainly did in the village where I used to live.

I find razor wire much more cost effective and it does get the message across immediately.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:20 PM

Sorry for your trouble Zuleika

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top