Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 06:23 AM

Re: Just Be Kind !!!

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
It all depends.If I came face to face with someone who took advantage of others and abused children or animals,I wouldn't be kind at all.
Would you necessarily know they had done that?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
good point. Your kindness is saved for the victims.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 06:47 AM

It costs nothing to be kind ...its my default setting too Minx unless I feel someone is taking advantage then I deal with it or sometimes just walk away.

If you can be anything...be kind.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 07:28 AM

I agree with summer it costs nothing to be kind/polite.
In real life if someone is being annoying I make my excuse and leave . I wouldn’t get involved in exchanging unpleasantness or reprisals.

Online I have similar set phrases being “ That’s my last comment on the subject/thread”

Being kind …The feel good factor got from helping out is well worth the effort.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 07:37 AM

I prefer being kind, and helpful, to being otherwise. It makes people happy to have kindness shown to them, and happy people make a happy world!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:14 AM

At my grandchildren's school 'be kind' is the school motto.

There is a box in the hall where acts of kindness by pupils can be recorded on slips of paper by staff and pupils and every week a list goes up of those performing acts of kindness.
This encourages the children to consider kindness and how to be kind
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:23 AM

The teachers used to have cheque books at our school merit and demerit .
Usually these were for matters pertaining to school work but could be for behaviour too.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
At my grandchildren's school 'be kind' is the school motto.

There is a box in the hall where acts of kindness by pupils can be recorded on slips of paper by staff and pupils and every week a list goes up of those performing acts of kindness.
This encourages the children to consider kindness and how to be kind
Oh that is such a lovely idea Meg! What a beautiful way to teach kindness to children
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:52 AM

Now this thread is the strangest thing as it coincides with telephone conversations l had yesterday with my two youngest daughters.

On Friday my youngest daughter was on a date with her boyfriend in a swanky restaurant in Portobello Road in London.
Out of the blue, a lady passing them, stopped and did that heart thing people do with their hands these days.
She then turned to my daughter and mouthed, ‘You are beautiful’!

I thought it was an odd thing for a stranger to do, so when my other daughter rang, l told her.

She said, it’s how people are now with the ‘Be Kind’ trend and are being nice to everyone. She said, it is probably more so in London where there are lots of young people.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:04 AM

I feel genuinely sorry for those who can't it within themselves to be kind. Many people who have spent any time in Paris will know it is full of street beggars and people asking for money. I didn't spend much time walking around when I was there. But when I did I would usually have a pocket of coins to hand out. Same as I do when I am in the city here. I was actually abused by Parisiennes for this. Sometimes I will buy somebody a sandwich or a hot tea or coffee. I can afford a few dollars now and them. They have nothing. Whether they are "deserving" or not they wouldn't be begging on the street if they had a living amount of money. I have been called a "fool" and a "sucker" for doing this. I feel sorry for people that say this. Can't quite explain why. I just do. I don't want a bloody medal or a ticket to Heaven. It just feels good.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top