Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 12:15 PM

Re: Is listening to the word equivalent to reading the word?

Reading a book is a more personal, intimate experience from listening to someone reading it, I think. I tend to concentrate more and become more involved in a story when I'm reading it myself. I cancelled my Audible subscription when it went up to £7 a month and there was not always a book I wanted every month. I enjoyed many but some were spoiled by a bad reader, so I decided to borrow them from the library rather than pod out every month.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 01:17 PM

Re: Is listening to the word equivalent to reading the word?

I prefer audio books. I can listened to it whilst getting on with things in the kitchen and before I go to sleep. It must be read by a voice that I like, if it's not, I can't listen to it!!
I used to read an awful lot but theses days by the second page, I am zonked out!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top