Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 04:55 PM

Christmas by the sea

It’s a very merry Christmas!
My view for the next ten days!
The South Coast of Natal. Indian Ocean. Warm hot, humid days and the best beaches! Soft lockdown.
Do you prefer Christmas in a hot or cold climate and why?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	4EE54040-906D-417B-95D4-C2A8B67E771D.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	14330  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:14 PM

Re: Christmas by the sea

Please we are locked down in our cold wet little island !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:27 PM

Wow - I can almost hear those waves - and am envious! The thing I am pining for most in this evil lockdown is the sight, sound, and smell of the sea - not seen it at all this year! Thank you for sharing the photo - it helps!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:48 PM

Very nice.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:53 PM

I don't mind what the weather and temperature does at Christmas. Right now it's dark and wet outside but in here, the Christmas tree and other lights are on. Although we're on tier 4, the prison is comfortable and bright. We are fortunate and I think of those who don't have what we have.

I believe you have to be born and reside here to shrug off the weather at its most dreary. I've heard the saying 'No such thing as bad weather only unsuitable clothing'. Got to be a bit stoic about it.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Please we are locked down in our cold wet little island !
Muddy we’re having roast lamb and gammon with all the trimmings in a hot environment because it’s Christmas tradition when a salad would be a more sensible choice. I’d love to experience a white Christmas but being here by the sea in my hometown is very different to being inland and it reminds me of my father so much. I really miss him but glad to spend time with my frail mom.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-12-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Wow - I can almost hear those waves - and am envious! The thing I am pining for most in this evil lockdown is the sight, sound, and smell of the sea - not seen it at all this year! Thank you for sharing the photo - it helps!
Silver Tabby, it’s unbelievable. The sea air and the breakers. Fishermen along the pier. It’s very quiet though due to lockdown. Clouds rolled in so no sunset this evening.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E2B350A-3466-47E9-B98F-5AFC8223B205.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	14331  
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-12-2020, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I don't mind what the weather and temperature does at Christmas. Right now it's dark and wet outside but in here, the Christmas and tree and other lights are on. Although we're on tier 4, the prison is comfortable and bright. We are fortunate and I think of those who don't have what we have.

I believe you have to be born and reside here to shrug off the weather at its most dreary. I've heard the saying 'No such thing as bad weather only unsuitable clothing'. Got to be a bit stoic about it.
Trust me, I would rather it be cold and snowing outside than hot and humid. Your home sounds so cosy. At a time like this, it is good to count our blessings
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 07:22 PM

Enjoy your vacation Minx , but just be careful eh !!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-12-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Enjoy your vacation Minx , but just be careful eh !!
Thank you Apricot. I’m back in my hometown mainly to see my mum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top