Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:34 AM

Amanda Holden breaks lockdown rules with 400 mile trip

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56058923

Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden made the round-trip of more than 400 miles from London to Cornwall to deal with an issue at her parents' home.

"Amanda is aware that all families are going through difficulty during these turbulent times but received a distressing telephone call from her elderly step-father on Friday afternoon," a statement from her agent said. "Amanda is aware of the travel rules and is devastated she had to break them on this one occasion. She is now back in London. Holden's parents have both been vaccinated and she is being tested weekly, so she felt she was not putting her parents at risk, the statement continued.

Under the rules of the current lockdown, travel outside your local area is banned unless it is essential and people may only meet others in their household, support bubble or childcare bubble. However, there are exceptions for providing care for disabled or vulnerable people or to provide emergency assistance.

Holden's parents' neighbours in Cornwall complained to police.

The presenter had been working on her Heart Radio show earlier on Friday, where she was presented with gifts to mark her 50th birthday, which is on Tuesday.
Maybe there was an "issue" that Holden's parents' neighbours didn't know about but Holden's early start to her 50th birthday that same day seems oddly coincidental .....

Maybe Holden wasn't aware that, on 6th January, Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Alison Hernandez, asked celebrities to set a good example to the wider public and not travel to the region during this third national lockdown .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:57 AM

Re: Amanda Holden breaks lockdown rules with 400 mile trip

Ack, they are all at it, and only apologise when they get caught. Scumbags the lot of them, hope she had a horrible birthday!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:03 AM

Yes its probably a trip to see mum and dad as its her birthday weekend and saying an emergency makes it acceptable . I would love to go stay with my sister in surrey but its 125 miles away so i wont go until allowed .

It is frustrating
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:57 AM

I won't comment on Amanda Holdens situation as I don't know the 'truth'
What I will say is: a few weeks into the first lockdown my daughter had a serious meltdown. I only knew about it when I called her just for a chat.
When I realised what a state she was in I was straight in my car to get to her and give her comfort and put everything right, as mums do.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
I won't comment on Amanda Holdens situation as I don't know the 'truth'
What I will say is: a few weeks into the first lockdown my daughter had a serious meltdown. I only knew about it when I called her just for a chat.
When I realised what a state she was in I was straight in my car to get to her and give her comfort and put everything right, as mums do.
Petra, Exactly! Family are King. They are the most important thing in the world and l would probably have done the same as long as it was all done safely..

I am not the biggest fan of Amanda Holden but she’d had a negative Covid test done and her parents had been vaccinated.
She didn’t stay the night, she went there and came back the same day.

I do hope she has a lovely birthday. l could not wish anyone a horrible birthday.

There are worse Covid offenders than her that get away with it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:34 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ravel-parents/

Amanda, who turns 50 on Tuesday, was seen being dropped off in a black Mercedes at the home of her mum Judith, 71, and stepdad Leslie, 75, on Friday.

They live in a tiny hamlet near Bude, Cornwall, and Amanda is a familiar face there from regular visits pre-pandemic.

One local said Amanda dashed into the house after a bag was unloaded, and the car sped off.

They recalled: “I was really shocked when I saw it and then felt quite angry. There are key workers and vulnerable people around here, and we need to keep them safe. Amanda visits a lot in normal times, so people know who they are and who her parents are. But they also know she had travelled miles from Surrey to get down here and she dashed into the house. She must have known what she was doing was wrong. But people down here will be really angry. There is a feeling that, during the lockdowns, people have just been coming down to Cornwall as they wish, and putting local people in danger. So this type of behaviour really isn’t on.”

Devon and Cornwall Police refused to comment.
So, a driver is implicated in the cummings and goings, too ......
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Petra, Exactly! Family are King. They are the most important thing in the world and l would probably have done the same as long as it was all done safely..

I am not the biggest fan of Amanda Holden but she’d had a negative Covid test done and her parents had been vaccinated.
She didn’t stay the night, she went there and came back the same day.

I do hope she has a lovely birthday. l could not wish anyone a horrible birthday.

There are worse Covid offenders than her that get away with it.
I agree. People who aren't 'stars' & unknown to the general public.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:41 PM

I wonder how many of the people who are tutting about her visit to her parents went on holiday last summer knowing full well there was a pandemic..
How many visited family at Christmas knowing there was a pandemic. Or went into crowded shops to buy silly unnecessary Christmas gifts.
How many have made unnessary trips to shops or walks just to get out and have an excuse to see people..

How many have walked their dog just as an excuse to talk to someone.

Its easy to point blame at someone else.
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:47 PM

As with most 'stories' I say to myself: was I there to see it: no.
Did I hear that: no.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-02-2021, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I agree. People who aren't 'stars' & unknown to the general public.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...ingle-18193963

But, apparently, Holden is an NHS "advocate" and "figurehead":

Amanda Holden says she's 'indebted' to NHS as she releases charity single

The presenter and radio host has released a rendition of Over the Rainbow, with all proceeds from the single being donated to NHS Charities Together.

The talent show judge appeared on Good Morning Britain to speak about the song and her feelings for the NHS.

Amanda said she wanted to thank the NHS for the incredible work they do and said she was "indebted" to the service for all it has done for her family over the years.

She spoke emotionally of her baby who was "born sleeping" and praised the NHS for its "compassion".

The reality star also spoke of her experience going into a coma after giving birth to daughter Holly, while her sister was also indebted to the NHS after they helped her fully recover from a car accident.

She said: "I’ve used them [the NHS] more than most people. We’ve always known the NHS is there and we all do take it for granted and I think it’s wonderful now how we’ve shone a light on them and we’re really appreciating and seeing all the work they do."

Amanda added: "Yes, it’s been well documented Chris and I had a baby boy who was born sleeping at an NHS hospital and then the year after he was born, I delivered Holly and then went into a coma, so that was pretty traumatic and then three years ago, my sister had a car accident that she’s fully recovered from now, but all those incidents were massively trying and the NHS were there to support us all the way through and I’ve said it before but they showed us so much empathy and we felt so loved and looked after during our care, so I’m indebted to them, really."
So, she, more than most should be aware of the possibilities of transmission.

She's tested weekly, allegedly, but could have picked up a variant of the virus since then.

When was the driver tested?

When were her parents vaccinated?

Vaccination does not, necessarily, prevent infection.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top