Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 10:19 PM

Re: Britain Booms!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My only regret is that we still trade with China (The regime that brought the World to its knees and killed a few million people) Other than that, it is great news. I hope we start producing more goods here at home as soon as we get back to normality.
This is excellent news and demonstrates beyond doubt how much the EU has been holding us back for its own benefit. Hence, the suggestion that we have been the EU's cash cow over all these years.

When (or IF) we are eventually completely free of the EU, I imagine that things will become even better for us.

As for trading with China, I'm afraid that is inevitable, at least for the moment. The problem is that they can produce goods far more cheaply than we can, and probably so compared to most other countries in the world.
Having said that, I recently bought an excellent pair of leather shoes at Sainsbury's - made in India!
So, yes, I'm afraid that cheaply-made goods are things that we are, as yet, unable to compete with. I think the best we can hope for is to set up manufacturing plants in the Far East, but owned and run by our own people - and profits should come to this country of course!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Wrong! Two, oxbridge. The other 8 are in the usa.
Oxbridge has 40% of foreign students, usa on average 20%.
More clever americans than british?

No Solly, you are wrong.
You make it a habit.

Your hatred of the UK is coming to the fore again I see.

In response though if you really want to head down that road we can see that there seems to be remarkably few clever EU scholars despite the huge number of their population then according to your delusional interpretations of reality.
P.S.: Where's an EU university in the top 20?

https://www.topuniversities.com/univ...-rankings/2021
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 09:33 AM

Wrong! Two, oxbridge. The other 8 are in the usa.
Oxbridge has 40% of foreign students, usa on average 20%.
More clever americans than british?
https://www.timeshighereducation.com...asc/cols/stats
None of them are in the EU. That's the point.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I found this ranking on here https://www.timeshighereducation.com...asc/cols/stats

Seems such rankings are a bit trivial, but if it makes you happy, enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210419-131220.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	15342  
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 01:04 PM

I found this ranking on here https://www.timeshighereducation.com...asc/cols/stats

Seems such rankings are a bit trivial, but if it makes you happy, enjoy!
Again Solly as Bread said earlier:

27 countries.
A population approaching 450 million.
And not one single EU university in the top ten globally?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 10:16 AM

Anyone, with enough time to spare, might like to recap some of the Ancient postings in the "Against Brexit Forum".

The suggested list of "Brexit Lies" is a good place to start!

You might laugh out loud (LOL) when you read them now!

Spot which ones have come true?

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 11:14 AM

Absolutely.
The highest ranked European university is ETH Zurich at no. 14, and that isn't in the EU either.

You have to dig down to no. 32, LMU Munich, before you arrive in the EU.

And as for my 'favourite', France, you have to burrow way down to no. 46!

Perhaps the eurotrolls might shut up about this now!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Absolutely.
The highest ranked European university is ETH Zurich at no. 14, and that isn't in the EU either.

You have to dig down to no. 32, LMU Munich, before you arrive in the EU.

And as for my 'favourite', France, you have to burrow way down to no. 46!

Perhaps the eurotrolls might shut up about this now!

I doubt it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-04-2021, 11:52 AM

I doubt it
I read that the EU are going to take AstraZenica to their own private court, the ECJ, for not supplying the vaccines they paid for. (That's despite AZ promising to supply 'to the best of their ability', and also despite the EU having earlier announced that they don't trust the AZ vaccine!)

Perhaps they're also going to take The Times to their court for not placing their own universities higher up in their published rankings!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-04-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I read that the EU are going to take AstraZenica to their own private court, the ECJ, for not supplying the vaccines they paid for. (That's despite AZ promising to supply 'to the best of their ability', and also despite the EU having earlier announced that they don't trust the AZ vaccine!)

Perhaps they're also going to take The Times to their court for not placing their own universities higher up in their published rankings!
Good luck with that one.

If the EU want to take AZ to court for breaching their own contract, they made with AZ (they blocked exports) then they don't stand a chance. If I was AZ I would be suing the EU for defamation, corporate slander and unrecoverable reputational damage.

The UK government should do the same as it was tax payers money that funded most of it.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top