Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 05:54 PM

Switching Broadband providers

I have had an email from EE to say my miserable broadband with a phone line is to go up from £21 to £30 a month shortly when my contract ends and I notice there is now no 'minimum speed' it is currently 1mbps.
I can get 2.5 mbps on a good day .

I can switch to fibre with a minimum speed of 2mbps and a landline for £38 pounds a month for 24 months .

Or I can switch, after much research I am very tempted by Zen Unlimited fibre 1 at £29 including a landline.
There are cheaper offers (plusnet) but I want good customer service too.

Zen has the best reviews of services available to me in this poor location , has anyone experience of Zen.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 06:03 PM

Re: Switching Broadband providers

We have been with plusnet for six years now Meg, their customer service we have found to be excellent and we get unlimited high speed broadband for £29.99 a month, never had to complain yet.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have had an email from EE to say my miserable broadband with a phone line is to go up from £21 to £30 a month shortly when my contract ends and I notice there is now no 'minimum speed' it is currently 1mbps.
I can get 2.5 mbps on a good day .

I can switch to fibre with a minimum speed of 2mbps and a landline for £38 pounds a month for 24 months .

Or I can switch, after much research I am very tempted by Zen Unlimited fibre 1 at £29 including a landline.
There are cheaper offers (plusnet) but I want good customer service too.

Zen has the best reviews of services available to me in this poor location , has anyone experience of Zen.
I have been on Zen for a couple of years - I have never had a problem with landline or broadband so I've never had to use customer service.

The company is business oriented so its' billing procedures are a bit old-fashioned and its' setup procedures are quite complex but if you enquired beforehand I'm sure that they would provide assistance.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 06:58 PM

Like Barry, I'm on PlusNet having been pee'd off with VM once too often. I didn't have a standard phone line, so paid to have a fibre line installed - a more than reasonable £70, because I'd get that back in the money I saved by leaving VM. I get an average of 32mbs download speed.

I signed an 18-month contract with PlusNet at £22 per month including BB and (unused) phone line. My contract ends in December, when it increases to £33pcm (still cheaper than VM). Because I now have a fibre line installed, it gives me the option to shop around if needs be.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:12 PM

I was with BT for 10+ years.

The PO offered something a lot cheaper. I signed up to some sort of cancellable contract, got a call from BT offering more for less.

God, I hate this world we live in. I feel I'm being used. Grrr. You only get customer loyalty when the supplier gets desperate.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:20 PM

Thanks all I will take your comments into consideration.

Because of where I live in the shadow of the hills, in a tiny hamlet at the end of the cable line my options are limited .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:35 PM

Because of where I live in the shadow of the hills, in a tiny hamlet at the end of the cable line my options are limited .
strange that! I thought everyone was at the end of the cable line.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:40 PM

FWIW we have been with Virgin Media for some years now. It includes our phones. Service has been excellent,.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:00 PM

Go with Zen Meg, it's a no brainer as they say. I have my landline & fibre broadband with Zen. I don't make a lot of calls, so my bill on average is about £35. The company is based in Preston Lancs, and have a good customer service, if you have any problems. They did,nt become number one by accident. I've been with them for years, go join me!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

25-06-2021, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
strange that! I thought everyone was at the end of the cable line.
Well I am at the end of the end Bazza
Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
FWIW we have been with Virgin Media for some years now. It includes our phones. Service has been excellent,.
Thanks Besoeker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top