Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:43 AM

Re: Mouldy Petunias.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pauline, it sounds like what is called Powdery or Down Mildew to me.
Pansies often suffer with this too.

Strangely, it often starts when plants have been have got too dry at the roots, and as Meg said, they need air round them as well.

Here's just a short exert for you:

Powdery Mildew: Powdery mildew doesn’t need soaking wet conditions to thrive, but often appears where plants are spaced too tightly, obstructing airflow.
Look for white, powdery spots of spores that spread or cover leaves and flowers completely. Powdery mildew can be treated with neem oil, but you should also correct the conditions allowing this disease to get a foothold."

Unfortunately I have never been able to cure my Pansies and usually end up pulling them up.

Yes, my pansies have got that mildew...I never let my Petunias dry out....it’s all this flipping rain Mups....they need dry conditions with plenty of sunshine.

Thanks for that information,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:43 AM

Yes the others are right Pauline, I knew it was to be really heavy rain and I put all my pots of Begonias, Petunias, and Dahlias into the greenhouse before it arrived. They are still in there with the door open so they don't get used to being inside.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes the others are right Pauline, I knew it was to be really heavy rain and I put all my pots of Begonias, Petunias, and Dahlias into the greenhouse before it arrived. They are still in there with the door open so they don't get used to being inside.

Thanks Rox....it’s times like this ,I wish I had a greenhouse..

Good idea bringing them in....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Same here,Annie, Petunias need a lot of sunshine, most are now mouldy, I’ve cut them so the air can circulate.

They need sunshine...rain here once again....
Have you got a sun ray lamp Pauline??

Donkeyman! 👍👍

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top