Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 02:42 PM

Re: Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

I'm lost, im wanting to respond to tabby to let her know I loved the lions she gave me to cuddle so hopefully she will see it here, sorry Tabby I had overlooked it xxx
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 02:43 PM

Any time an update and new design is needed, and accomplished, is a job well done, Azz! Will look forward to it. xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm lost, im wanting to respond to tabby to let her know I loved the lions she gave me to cuddle so hopefully she will see it here, sorry Tabby I had overlooked it xxx
Lion Queen Azz is currently giving the site a "New Look" so he has kindly given us a new Temporary Chat Section where we can still start new threads and reply to current posts as shown below ......

https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 03:08 PM

Thanks for letting us know about the imminent change over Azz.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Just a quick update to say I started the conversion last night (about 12 hours ago) and it is on... 30% - it's because we have so many posts here

Fingers crossed:

- My computer doesn't crash!
- We don't have a long power cut!
- There's no bugs in the code or database!

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 03:28 PM

A quick question, Azz. Why didn't you cull a lot of the very old threads first?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 03:30 PM

We have every confidence in you Azz.

Nothing is going to go wrong!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 03:40 PM

Good point, Percy.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We have every confidence in you Azz.

Nothing is going to go wrong!
Thanks Mags

I have confidence in my script as I have used it for a smaller forum without issues... but I have less confidence in my Mac (Apple have gone downhill recently with their computers and macOS)

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
A quick question, Azz. Why didn't you cull a lot of the very old threads first?
We have lots of posts from members who are no longer with us Percy Vere (you may have noticed some members have 'Fondly Remembered' next to their names) and so if possible I'd like to bring those posts/memories with us... even if they are in an archived or hidden state somewhere on the new forum. While we will archive this one exactly as it is (so it will be in read-only form) it will only be short term as eventually the software running on the server will be updated and it will no longer be compatible with the software this forum runs on (because it is so old).

Keep your fingers crossed everything goes ok
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 04:13 PM

......and then came a very loud BOOM!! followed by total silence and a vague smell of burning.

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top