Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 06:53 PM

Blooming OUCH.

I was in the woods with Dageus this morning and he started playing with another big dog. To cut a longish Story short they both crashed into me at some speed, I went up in the air and fell several feet down the hill. Was dazed and couldn't move for a while, the other dogs owner came to my rescue and got me back on my feet, but my foot's crocked Couldn't put any weight on it and had to phone My Laird to come and get me. Feel such a fool and could quite cheerfully throttle Dageus. Took my Boot off and the Ankle swelled to double it's size almost at once. It could only happen to me.....sulk.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 07:02 PM

Re: Blooming OUCH.

Perhaps you should go to A&E and have it x-rayed, just to rule out that it isn't broken. I hope it's soon on the mend.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 07:08 PM

I think you should go to A&E, Roxy. Not sure though if they can do much if your ankle is swollen. Put some ice packs round it - bathe it first in salt and hot water and then the ice pack, or frozen peas! Get the swelling down first.

Hope you're not in too much pain!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 07:08 PM

Ouch! that sounds painful .... I agree with Mall, get it x-rayed in case there is more serious damage.

Hope the pain eases soon...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 07:29 PM

Oh Roxy - hope this soon mends but you will have to help it along gal, ice packs a good idea, Arnica gel would be nice and soothing and help with the swelling, could your Laird get some for you....?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Probally not the best advice ,,,, Id have a nice glass of wine play for the sympathy vote getyour tea made for you and hide the dogs favorite toy !!!!Then you will feel alot better ;0))
My husband threw the dogs ball over my head once I had a massive G sherpherd crash through my legs and sent me flying down a river bank into the mud .... now that was not funny walking home cos my husband wouldnt let me in the car!!!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Don't think it's broken just twisted and bruised. The Laird kept getting me Ice Cubes in a Tea Towel to press on it. He says it was Dageus's revenge for putting him through a Bath, Haircut and groom.....could be.

He did make the Dinner lol, had no choice if he wanted to eat. I had a sleep and it felt a bit easier after that, will see what the morning brings.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 10:13 PM

Ouch Roxy

I think you should elevate the ankle packed with ice and get the Laird to wait on you for a few days at least
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

24-02-2013, 08:10 AM

He is Meg, at the moment I'm proped up in bed with a big mug of frothy coffee and the ipad, himself is in the kitchen making toast..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 12:42 PM

Hope the ankle is lots better today Rox. (don't get crumbs in the bed )

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top