Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2013, 08:50 PM

Re: Congratulations Jem!

May you have years of fun.... Congratulations....
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2013, 09:33 PM

Congratulations Jem & Mrs Jem on the birth of your Grandson xx
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 12:30 AM

The wife is delighted with her new grandson as you can see in this photo taken earlier today.
Thank you all for your kind words folks, Phyllis sends her thanks too, it's a pleasure to be on the same forum with such nice people. God bless you all and goodnight.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 01:08 AM

What a lovely picture Jem and just the best time to be born at the beginning of spring....
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 07:47 PM

Lovely picture Jem - has a name for the wee fella been mentioned... I may have missed it - cant see it mentioned here - O'h, maybe you wish not to say, thats OK Jem, ignore me......
EDIT - no 'dont' ignore me Jem...that would make me -
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 08:04 PM

That's a smashing picture Jem. Phyllis looks radiant and so she should, he's a little sweetheart.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 09:02 PM

Thanks Mary.

That's a lovely job Michael, thank you.

You can ask me anything you like Pats, they have decided to call him Patrizio when he's in Rome (his mothers home city) and Patrick when he's in Dublin, a bit confusing for the little chap I should think, but he'll get used to it, he'll be just plain Paddy to me. I seems Patrick is not an Irish name at all, something to do with Patricians, rich Italian Families centuries ago, so I'm told, Ah sure it won't be long till I have him takin a pint of the black stuff with me in the local.
I'll be havin a planeload of 'Patricians' over for the christening and I'm a bit nervous about meeting them all, God it's comical when I'm trying to converse with my son's Italian father in law on the phone, I hate talking on the phone at anytime, but me with my Dublin accent and him with bits of English, it's like we were from different planets altogether.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 11:23 PM

Many congratulations Jem, my best wishes to baby, the parents and grandparents.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 12:03 PM

I checked out the name Patrick

Patrick

From the Latin name Patricius, which meant "nobleman".

This name was adopted in the 5th-century by Saint Patrick,

He was a Romanized Briton who was captured and enslaved in his youth by Irish raiders.

After six years of servitude he escaped home, but he eventually became a bishop and went back to Ireland as a missionary.

He is traditionally credited with Christianizing the island, and is regarded as Ireland's patron saint.

In England and elsewhere in Europe during the Middle Ages this name was used in honour of the saint.

However, it was not generally given in Ireland before the 17th century because it was considered too sacred for everyday use.

It has since become very common in the Emerald Isle .

Italian Patrizio

English equivalent: Patrick

Origin: From the Latin Patricius,

Other Italian Forms: Patrizia

As a boy's name it is a variant of Patrick (Latin), and the meaning of Patrizio is "patrician, noble".

The baby name Patrizio sounds like Patricio, Patrizius and Patricia.
Other similar baby names are Patrik, Patrice and Patric.

A famous namesake
Patrizio Buanne
http://tinyurl.com/cpwyscp

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top