Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 09:42 AM

Fogey

I see the thread has been removed but just in case anyone had read it, I thought I'd post a little bit of advice:

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
I take on board what the OP has said. However, a first post advertising an expensive product? Hmmm! I wonder.

I have had a look at this product and see that the main ingredient is Glucosamine, which can be bought in this country for less than is being advertised on this website.

Just so you have the full facts.
I did wonder Fogey but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I've bought Glucosamine thinking it would help with my thigh injury but, sadly, it didn't help at all.

Just in case this information isn't given on the link, I'll post it here just in case:

'Since glucosamine supplements may be made from shellfish, people with allergies to shellfish should avoid glucosamine unless it has been confirmed that it is from a non-shellfish source. The source of glucosamine is not required to be printed on the label, so it may require a phone call to the manufacturer.

There is some evidence suggesting that glucosamine, in doses used to treat osteoarthritis, may worsen blood sugar, insulin, and/or hemoglobin A1c (a test that measures how well blood sugar has been controlled during the previous three months) levels in people with diabetes or insulin resistance.

Theoretically, glucosamine may increase the risk of bleeding. People with bleeding disorders, those taking anti-clotting or anti-platelet medication, such as warfarin, clopidogrel, and Ticlid, or people taking supplements that may increase the risk of bleeding, such as garlic, ginkgo, vitamin E, or red clover, should not take glucosamine unless under the supervision of a healthcare provider.'
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:01 AM

Re: Fogey

Thanks for that, Ben Varrey.

For an educated nurse to post a body of text with no grammar or punctuation did seem a bit iffy to me - however, I have heard of glucosamine being prescribed by a doctor and its beneficial effects for arthritis.

I wasn't aware of the drawbacks you have mentioned - I will research that later today, when I have woken up.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top