Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:11 AM

What did you say ?

My friend has just had her son and his new girlfriend to stay for a 2 week holiday.
My friend spent the first 3 days calling her by the last girl friends name.........
By this time the girl would no longer speak to her and sulked for the whole time they were there.... I did feel sorry for her poor girl and during an evening meal we spent with them I tried hard to make her included.... we were getting on well until a slip of the toungue and I called her the wrong name too..... My friend said that night in bed she could here son and girl friend arguing ... Dont think that relasonship will last long
So what have you said to your sons/daughters new boy/girl friend ???
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 10:19 AM

Re: What did you say ?

My son's wife and I do not get along at all - the dislike is mutual. I have tried to get on with her but she's so dislikeable, I don't know what my son sees in her. It came to a head, in my house, about 3 years ago (before they were married but marriage was going to happen) and she acts all sweetness and light in front of him (most of the time) and turns into a horror when he isn't about. She said that I was a possessive mother and I would resent any girlfriend he had. I told her (this is the bad bit) that that wasn't true: if he'd have married X then I would have been delighted, if he'd married Y I would have been so happy, if he'd married Z, I would have been chuffed to bits; there were only 2 girlfriends of his I didn't like: one was B and the other is you - and I was right about B'. My son didn't speak to me for four months after that - even though she's slipped up a few times and been unpleasant to me in front of him. Ah well ...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-03-2013, 10:22 AM

We have got on well with the men our two younger daughters chose to marry right from the first formal introduction, thank goodness.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 11:16 AM

I have always got on well with my sons girlfriends including a beautiful Indian girl he dated and bought home when he was at University.

I think of my Daughter in Law as my Daughter and will do anything I can to help her without interfering in their life which I think is the key to success. We get on really well and all go on holiday together.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have always got on well with my sons girlfriends including a beautiful Indian girl he dated and bought home when he was at University.

I think of my Daughter in Law as my Daughter and will do anything I can to help her without interfering in their life which I think is the key to success. We get on really well and all go on holiday together.
Thats how it should be Meg, gave my heart a little lift..
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 01:48 PM

My friend rang up on New years Eve and shouted " Happy New Year Heather errr oh arrrrr, sorry about that of course I mean Hazel".
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 01:51 PM

Heather - thats a lovely name Hazel, could have been worse gal..
I used to be so good with names - not anymore....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 02:43 PM

When I was in commerce, I often knew a face but couldnt think of the name, so I adopted a cunning ploy.

ON meeting a sales rep or buyer I would say,
"Remind me what your name is please dear boy."

If they replied with their first name, I'd say......
"Oh I know that, I meant your surname old thing"

If they replied with their surname, I'd say
"Oh I know that, I meant your first name old chap"

Never failed to elicit a smile and warm handshake.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 06:51 PM

Never had any problem with any of my in-laws, I like them all.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 12:01 AM

We have always got along with our S'SIL and D'SIL. This I feel is because we have taken inrterest in what they are doing but have let them get on with it without interfering in their lives. Also the kids inherited common sense from their parents and chose well.LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top